Fred Armisen to move back in with his parents in BAD SANTA director Terry Zwigoff's new comedy!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Fred Armisen proved to be one of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE's most versatile, consistently funny players over the 11 years he was featured on the show. While he's popped up in bit parts in movies like THE DICTATOR, ANCHORMAN, EUROTRIP, and as a voice performer in THE SMURFS, he has yet to anchor his own feature film. That is, until now. The Wrap has reported that Armisen is set to sign onto the new movie by Terry Zwigoff (BAD SANTA, GHOST WORLD) in the leading role. The comedy, formerly titled JUSTICE FOR AL, revolves around Armisen's Al Fishkin, an average joe who is set up for a bogus crime, and forced to move in with his parents as a form of house arrest. Understandably miffed at the prospect of living with his folks, he plots revenge against the bastards that framed him, inevitably leading to some misguided decisions and comic hijinks.
Armisen is a man of many talents, from his range of impressions on SNL (catch his hilarious Ice-T here), to his musical work for bands like Trenchmonuth, Les Savy Fav, and Wandering Lucy (not to mention the Blue Man Group), but I can't point anywhere besides PORTLANDIA for a better showcase of his unique styles as a humorist. It is there where we first got a proper platform for his (and co-star/co-creator Carrie Brownstein's) excellent mix of absurd, over-the-top satire and low-key, empathetic humanism. The funniest stuff I've ever seen from him comes from his ability to make the benign and humdrum seem hilarious and, sometimes, quite insane, and the match of his and Zwigoff's talents should prove to be something worth checking out. I dug Zwigoff's last feature, ART SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL, but I'll admit that it was a huge step back from his previous two features, and I have hope that Armisen is the right guy to spearhead his return back to BAD SANTA-level glory.
Zwigoff and Armisen are getting ready to shoot in the fall.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 138 total posts 86 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 164 total posts 57 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 73 total posts 21 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 74 total posts 21 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 40 total posts 18 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 354 total posts 18 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 66 total posts 13 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 249 total posts 12 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 280 total posts 12 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 65 total posts 12 posts