Come and cogg this spesh new yarn from CLOUD ATLAS' Tom Twyker and Tom Hanks, on the true-true!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Last time Tom Hanks teamed up with Tom Twyker (RUN LOLA RUN, PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER), it was when Twyker collaborated with the Wachowski siblings on the unjustifiably-ignored CLOUD ATLAS. Now, we get word via Deadline that the actor and director will collaborate on an adaptation of Dave Eggers' A Hologram For The King. The book concerns an American businessman in Saudi Arabia who must fight through his alcoholism to help his family and do something important with his life.
While this premise is far more humdrum and low-key than any of Twyker's mainstream films (including THE INTERNATIONAL), the combo of Twyker (who helmed the 1936, 1973, and 2012 segments of CLOUD ATLAS (the latter of which featured Hanks killer, thugged-out, bald British writer) and the still hugely-famous Hanks is enough to get excited about. Hanks turned in some of the best work of his two-time Oscar-winning career in that flick, and honestly, their next film could be about the actor making wet beer farts in Saudi Arabia and I'd still be onboard. Their interpretation of this work by the best-selling Eggers should be visually captivating, given Twyker's filmography, and well-acted, if nothing else.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 302 total posts 302 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 194 total posts 194 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 366 total posts 139 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 294 total posts 110 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 320 total posts 74 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 126 total posts 73 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 67 total posts 67 posts