New poster for 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE features a tidal wave of blood! No, literally!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Warner Bros. has released a new poster for their upcoming prequel, 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE, and it is their most iconic and attractive one yet. Unlike the ones we've seen before, this one has the guts to eschew the original's black-and-gold-heavy color scheme for something a little more traditional, epic, and striking. It also highlights star Sullivan Stapleton, which is something that WB needs to double down on before this flick comes out; while they can use the recognizable faces of Eva Green and, especially, Lena Headey to get people interested in this, the film is suffering from an incredible lack of Butler that the marketing department is going to have to get people to ignore. I would also expect Rodrigo Santoro's hugely memorable (and just plain huge) Xerxes to get his own poster before the final marketing push commences in full swing. Either way, this seems like a confident step in the attempt to convince audiences that they truly do want another 300 adventure, even if the titular 300 Spartans will probably not even make an appearance.
300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE dines in Hell on March 7th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts