AICN COMICS: DC ENTERTAINMENT KICKS-OFF “WE CAN BE HEROES” SUPERMAN CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN TO BENEFIT HORN OF AFRICA!
Ambush Bug with a special charitable announcement from DC Comics. The company kicks off the second tier of it’s “We Can Be Heroes” crowdfunding campaign to help out by delivering food, medicines and other resources critical to the survival of people in Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya.
Following the success of the campaign’s first Batman-themed wave in April and May, the second installment is focused entirely around the Superman character, aligning with the June 14 premiere of the MAN OF STEEL film and ongoing activities in 2013 celebrating the global icon’s 75th Anniversary.
“The generosity from the fans of DC Comics during the Batman wave was outstanding and challenged us to create another wave of unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, said Nelson. “The first wave of the campaign eclipsed its initial goal of $50,000 in just three days and ultimately raised more than $150,000 in less than six weeks. We continue to be overwhelmed and appreciative of our fans who are helping to make a difference in millions of lives.”
Here are some of the incentives highlighting the Superman wave of “We Can Be Heroes”:
A hometown visit by legendary DC Entertainment artist Jim Lee, who will paint larger than life, custom artwork on a 10x10 wall
More than 50 beta keys providing advance access to the upcoming Infinite Crisis video game
A Superman-themed dream bedroom for kids
The opportunity to be drawn into an issue of ACTION COMICS
Scores of signed issues of iconic Superman comics and theatrical posters from MAN OF STEEL
Find out more about DC’s “We Can Be Heroes” campaign by clicking here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 163 total posts 80 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 98 total posts 56 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 332 total posts 37 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 200 total posts 36 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 95 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 41 total posts 30 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 88 total posts 27 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 73 total posts 24 posts