AICN COMICS: DC ENTERTAINMENT KICKS-OFF “WE CAN BE HEROES” SUPERMAN CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN TO BENEFIT HORN OF AFRICA!
Ambush Bug with a special charitable announcement from DC Comics. The company kicks off the second tier of it’s “We Can Be Heroes” crowdfunding campaign to help out by delivering food, medicines and other resources critical to the survival of people in Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya.
Following the success of the campaign’s first Batman-themed wave in April and May, the second installment is focused entirely around the Superman character, aligning with the June 14 premiere of the MAN OF STEEL film and ongoing activities in 2013 celebrating the global icon’s 75th Anniversary.
“The generosity from the fans of DC Comics during the Batman wave was outstanding and challenged us to create another wave of unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, said Nelson. “The first wave of the campaign eclipsed its initial goal of $50,000 in just three days and ultimately raised more than $150,000 in less than six weeks. We continue to be overwhelmed and appreciative of our fans who are helping to make a difference in millions of lives.”
Here are some of the incentives highlighting the Superman wave of “We Can Be Heroes”:
A hometown visit by legendary DC Entertainment artist Jim Lee, who will paint larger than life, custom artwork on a 10x10 wall
More than 50 beta keys providing advance access to the upcoming Infinite Crisis video game
A Superman-themed dream bedroom for kids
The opportunity to be drawn into an issue of ACTION COMICS
Scores of signed issues of iconic Superman comics and theatrical posters from MAN OF STEEL
Find out more about DC’s “We Can Be Heroes” campaign by clicking here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 391 total posts 71 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 498 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 677 total posts 12 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 89 total posts 8 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 196 total posts 7 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 270 total posts 5 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 58 total posts 4 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 111 total posts 4 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 39 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 97 total posts 2 posts