Owen Wilson joins up with Jim Carrey to rob a bank for Jared Hess in a new comedy, formerly titled LOOMIS FARGO!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Can't keep Owen Wilson down, I guess. After his latest venture with Vince Vaughn, THE INTERNSHIP, got dissed by both critics and audiences, it seems that Wilson hopes to have better luck joining up with Jim Carrey for the new movie by Jared Hess (NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, NACHO LIBRE), formerly titled LOOMIS FARGO. The plot, based on a true story, concerns an armored car driver who, fed up with his menial existence, teams up with a group of thieves to pull an inside job and make off with his cargo of cash. When the thieves turn on him post-score and leave him with nothing, he starts plotting revenge on the sommbitches while they recklessly spend their earnings in a sort of reverse spin on THE ITALIAN JOB remake. Carrey will play the lead role of the disgruntled driver while Wilson, presumably, will play one of the central thieves (hopefully channeling his Dignan from BOTTLE ROCKET). While it doesn't necessarily sound like the kind of physical comedy-heavy role Carrey made his bones on, the combo of his wild energy and the perennially laid-back Wilson could be something interesting. If it has anything on their last team-up, you can bet my ass will be in that seat whenever this one finally hits theaters.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 394 total posts 138 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 265 total posts 72 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 88 total posts 58 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 149 total posts 54 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 98 total posts 52 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 70 total posts 42 posts