UPDATED: Playstation 4 and X-Box One Are Now Available For Pre-Order!
So, Sony just flipped off Microsoft in the dirtiest, most gleeful fuck you I've ever seen performed in public. The PS4 will be available (still no exact date, but I bet it will be close if not day and date with Xbox One) this holiday season for $100 cheaper than their competitor: $399.99. Click the PS4 below to pre-order it now before they're all scooped up.
While they seemed to lack a lot of the big name totally exclusive titles, they're making up for it without making their players jump through hoops to do what they want with the games they purchase. Dollars to donuts this was all decided after the catastrophic fan reaction to Microsoft's always on and discs linked directly to the purchaser for life announcement.
I don't think Always On is going away completely (so much of the computing power is based on not having to run everything off the game disc or file), methinks Microsoft is going to backpeddle big time on the restrictions and hassle aspect of playing their console. If they don't, they're going to fizzle.
What do you folks think?
Original post below.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Apologies for the lack of Geek Games columns lately. To be perfectly blunt, I’ve just not really been excited for anything coming out in this typical video game dry season. The exception being PS3 exclusive The Last of Us, of course. Reviewers are creaming in their jeans over this one. Hopefully I have a few hours to throw its way a little later this week.
Anyway, it’s E3 time, so naturally the game news is flying fast and furious. This morning Microsoft officially announced the Xbox One as having a November release at a $499 price tag. The Amazon pre-order is open now. If you guys were around when the Xbox 360 and PS3 hit the market, you’ll know how much of a bitch it was to get your hands on one, so if you want to save yourself that headache click on the Xbox One below and place your pre-order.
Not only do you get the peace of mind knowing you don’t have to run around to all the WalMarts and Targets in and around your neighborhood come November, you also get a special limited edition Xbox One that comes with it’s own LE controller, premium packaging, a special bonus Day One achievement and a decal.
Gamestop also have a very limited allotment available for preorder, so check in with your local store if you want to do the midnight thing with them. Their pre-orders will also be the Day One Edition, while supplies last.
I know Sony has their E3 panel in a few hours and they’re likely to announce their release date and price point then. I imagine it’ll be close to Xbox One in both regards. I’ll update this story when the PS4 pre-orders go up!
Exciting times, gamers! Microsoft announced a lot of console exclusives, including a brand new Halo by 343 Industries to be released 2014.
I have to take a trip to Nevada see my ailing grandfather while he undergoes some nasty cancer surgery at the end of this week, but I’ll try to get a compilation of some of the best E3 news thrown together for you guys while I juggle all the travel arrangements. Be warned: if Bethesda announces Fallout 4 you’re going to see my lose my shit in a pretty big way.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 106 total posts 106 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 81 total posts 47 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 244 total posts 40 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 116 total posts 40 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 49 total posts 32 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 101 total posts 16 posts