UPDATED: Playstation 4 and X-Box One Are Now Available For Pre-Order!
So, Sony just flipped off Microsoft in the dirtiest, most gleeful fuck you I've ever seen performed in public. The PS4 will be available (still no exact date, but I bet it will be close if not day and date with Xbox One) this holiday season for $100 cheaper than their competitor: $399.99. Click the PS4 below to pre-order it now before they're all scooped up.
While they seemed to lack a lot of the big name totally exclusive titles, they're making up for it without making their players jump through hoops to do what they want with the games they purchase. Dollars to donuts this was all decided after the catastrophic fan reaction to Microsoft's always on and discs linked directly to the purchaser for life announcement.
I don't think Always On is going away completely (so much of the computing power is based on not having to run everything off the game disc or file), methinks Microsoft is going to backpeddle big time on the restrictions and hassle aspect of playing their console. If they don't, they're going to fizzle.
What do you folks think?
Original post below.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Apologies for the lack of Geek Games columns lately. To be perfectly blunt, I’ve just not really been excited for anything coming out in this typical video game dry season. The exception being PS3 exclusive The Last of Us, of course. Reviewers are creaming in their jeans over this one. Hopefully I have a few hours to throw its way a little later this week.
Anyway, it’s E3 time, so naturally the game news is flying fast and furious. This morning Microsoft officially announced the Xbox One as having a November release at a $499 price tag. The Amazon pre-order is open now. If you guys were around when the Xbox 360 and PS3 hit the market, you’ll know how much of a bitch it was to get your hands on one, so if you want to save yourself that headache click on the Xbox One below and place your pre-order.
Not only do you get the peace of mind knowing you don’t have to run around to all the WalMarts and Targets in and around your neighborhood come November, you also get a special limited edition Xbox One that comes with it’s own LE controller, premium packaging, a special bonus Day One achievement and a decal.
Gamestop also have a very limited allotment available for preorder, so check in with your local store if you want to do the midnight thing with them. Their pre-orders will also be the Day One Edition, while supplies last.
I know Sony has their E3 panel in a few hours and they’re likely to announce their release date and price point then. I imagine it’ll be close to Xbox One in both regards. I’ll update this story when the PS4 pre-orders go up!
Exciting times, gamers! Microsoft announced a lot of console exclusives, including a brand new Halo by 343 Industries to be released 2014.
I have to take a trip to Nevada see my ailing grandfather while he undergoes some nasty cancer surgery at the end of this week, but I’ll try to get a compilation of some of the best E3 news thrown together for you guys while I juggle all the travel arrangements. Be warned: if Bethesda announces Fallout 4 you’re going to see my lose my shit in a pretty big way.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 119 total posts 11 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 165 total posts 7 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 147 total posts 6 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 70 total posts 4 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 53 total posts 4 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Fox Networks Group Chairman Peter Rice: ‘I’d Love To See Another Season Of 24!!’ -- 159 total posts 4 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 331 total posts 4 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 55 total posts 3 posts