The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day smells like burnt dog hair. Oh, Venkman, I’m sorry…
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Who ya’ gonna call? Ivan Reitman and a big 1:1 scale terror dog that’s who! Happy Friday, folks. Figured I’d end this week with a bang by sharing this super awesome picture from one of the cornerstones of my childhood.
Ghostbusters can never be repeated and I kind of love that. It was made at the perfect time with the perfect cast and with the perfect style of effects technology. I’m not doubting there can be great horror comedies made in a similar style these days (in fact next week’s This Is The End has a bit of that Ghostbusters tone to it), but the formula that made Ghostbusters a success was a one-off. I even like the sequel, but you can tell there’s something missing. The movie is pure lightning in a bottle.
Below you’ll see Ivan Reitman checking out the Terror Dog as it makes a mess in Rick Moranis’ apartment. “Okay, who brought the dog?”
Thanks to the great Michael Gross for this shot. You should go friend him on Facebook… he is the man who designed the Ghostbusters symbol afterall, which would make him the coolest person on your facebook page. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
The BTS pic column returns Monday with a grand old Hollywood shot.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts