Now this trailer for PARANOIA, starring Liam Hemsworth, Gary Oldman, and Harrison Ford, is standing on your neck!!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Relativity has dropped this new trailer for Robert Luketic's upcoming corporate-espionage thriller, PARANOIA. The film stars Liam Hemsworth as a Brooklynite who, in a Gatsby-esque effort to escape the "bridge-and-tunnel" label thrown on him by Amber Heard, takes a job with Gary Oldman's megarich CEO to spy on his rival, played by Harrison Ford (like you wouldn't do much worse to get in Heard's good graces). Needless to say, the handsome schlub gets in over his head, and he has to use his tech skills to outsmart his seriously advantaged superiors.
While Luketic's credits, including LEGALLY BLONDE, MONSTER-IN-LAW, and the Katherine Heigl flicks THE UGLY TRUTH and KILLERS, don't exactly inspire confidence in his ability to create high-stakes tension, the trailer looks solid enough, and the cast has already sold me my ticket. Oldman and Ford (who's freakin' BALD!) look like they're having fun with their slimey roles, especially in their scenes together, and you could do a lot worse with hot, young upstarts than Hemsworth and Heard. Add to that supporting roles for Richard Dreyfuss, Julian McMahon, and Josh Holloway (I love seeing Sawyer in mainstream stuff), and you have the makings of a fun, over-the-top, late-summer nail-biter, if nothing else.
If the Relativity plays their cards right, the TV spots for this one could make "AND NOW I'M STANDING ON YOUR NECK!" the new "I ALREADY WORK AROUND THE CLOCK!!"
PARANOIA opens August 16th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts