It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a 60-something Michael Keaton! Set pics from BIRDMAN surface!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu started filming his new film, BIRDMAN, this past week in NYC. We got some set pics here of star Michael Keaton in a variety of poses and positions on the streets of Manhattan that show off the 61-year-old actor's willingness to do at least some of his own stunts. "I'm Batman" indeed!
The film is about an actor, played by Keaton, who is primarily known for playing a masked crusader (hmm) as he attempts a comeback by taking the role to Broadway. While this seems out of Inarritu's wheelhouse of films like AMORES PERROS, BABEL, and 21 GRAMS, the premise seems ripe for good comedy, and the cast, which also includes Emma Stone (who has also been in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1 and 2, as well as PAPER MAN…just saying), Edward Norton, Zach Galifianakis, Naomi Watts, Andrea Riseborough (quite good in OBLIVION), and Amy Ryan, is fairly dynamite. And I can imagine Inarritu's contributions will make this more than your average, broad studio comedy.
Can't you imagine him on set going, "You wanna get nuts! Come on! Let's get nuts!"?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts