Newseum in Washington D.C. announces ANCHORMAN-themed exhibit in anticipation for the sequel!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Remember when Paramount wasn't sure if there was enough interest in ANCHORMAN to warrant a sequel? Yeah, I thought that was pretty fucking stupid too.
Now we get word that, to promote the film, the studio has made a deal with the Newseum in Washington D.C. to show-off some props from the modern-classic comedy in an exhibit dubbed, appropriately enough, "ANCHORMAN: The Exhibit." Among the items on display: the awesome '70s getups for the Channel 4 News team, Ron Burgundy's perfectly pitched, flame-throwing "yazz" flute, the whip that Ben Stiller used in the epic news-network battle royale, and, of course, a recreation of the Channel 4 news desk where people can snap pics and even record their own short video segments (I foresee a lot of young punks loudly saying "go fuck yourself" in the middle of a museum).
Via Paramount: It’s kind of a big deal
WASHINGTON — On November 14, 2013, the Newseum, in partnership with Paramount Pictures, will open “Anchorman: The Exhibit,” featuring props, costumes and footage from the 2004 hit comedy “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy,” prior to the release of its highly anticipated sequel “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues” from Paramount Pictures on December 20.
The original film, written by Will Ferrell & Adam McKay, directed by McKay, and starring Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell and David Koechner, takes a comic look at a 1970s-era television newsroom and the legendary local anchorman who ruled it until a female reporter arrived to challenge the all-male news team. “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues” reunites Ferrell and McKay with the original cast.
Included in “Anchorman: The Exhibit” will be costumes worn by the Channel 4 Evening News team and a number of original props from the movie, including Ron Burgundy’s jazz flute and the whip used by rival anchorman Arturo Mendez during the film’s memorable fight scene between rival news teams. The exhibit also includes a re-creation of the KVWN-TV anchor desk and news set where visitors can pose for photo ops.
“For millions of viewers, the news anchor represents the authority and credibility of television news. But anchormen and women also are popular targets for pop culture laughs,” said Cathy Trost, vice president of exhibits and programs at the Newseum. “The exhibit explores the reality behind the humor of “Anchorman” and tracks the rise of personality-driven news formats in the 1970s.”
Visitors to the exhibit also will have an opportunity to step in front of the camera and participate in an Anchorman-themed TV spot at one of the Newseum’s Be a TV Reporter stations. With lead anchor Ron Burgundy providing a snappy introduction, budding reporters can find out if they have what it takes to become a member of the Channel 4 News team. The exhibit also will feature clips from the movie and special commentary by Will Ferrell.
“I’m literally trapped in a glass case of emotion,” said Ron Burgundy, commenting on his inclusion in the museum’s exhibit.
“Anchorman: The Exhibit” will be on display at the Newseum through Aug. 31, 2014.
ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES opens on December 20th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 524 total posts 524 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 202 total posts 202 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 690 total posts 149 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 111 total posts 84 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 89 total posts 46 posts