Newseum in Washington D.C. announces ANCHORMAN-themed exhibit in anticipation for the sequel!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Remember when Paramount wasn't sure if there was enough interest in ANCHORMAN to warrant a sequel? Yeah, I thought that was pretty fucking stupid too.
Now we get word that, to promote the film, the studio has made a deal with the Newseum in Washington D.C. to show-off some props from the modern-classic comedy in an exhibit dubbed, appropriately enough, "ANCHORMAN: The Exhibit." Among the items on display: the awesome '70s getups for the Channel 4 News team, Ron Burgundy's perfectly pitched, flame-throwing "yazz" flute, the whip that Ben Stiller used in the epic news-network battle royale, and, of course, a recreation of the Channel 4 news desk where people can snap pics and even record their own short video segments (I foresee a lot of young punks loudly saying "go fuck yourself" in the middle of a museum).
Via Paramount: It’s kind of a big deal
WASHINGTON — On November 14, 2013, the Newseum, in partnership with Paramount Pictures, will open “Anchorman: The Exhibit,” featuring props, costumes and footage from the 2004 hit comedy “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy,” prior to the release of its highly anticipated sequel “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues” from Paramount Pictures on December 20.
The original film, written by Will Ferrell & Adam McKay, directed by McKay, and starring Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell and David Koechner, takes a comic look at a 1970s-era television newsroom and the legendary local anchorman who ruled it until a female reporter arrived to challenge the all-male news team. “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues” reunites Ferrell and McKay with the original cast.
Included in “Anchorman: The Exhibit” will be costumes worn by the Channel 4 Evening News team and a number of original props from the movie, including Ron Burgundy’s jazz flute and the whip used by rival anchorman Arturo Mendez during the film’s memorable fight scene between rival news teams. The exhibit also includes a re-creation of the KVWN-TV anchor desk and news set where visitors can pose for photo ops.
“For millions of viewers, the news anchor represents the authority and credibility of television news. But anchormen and women also are popular targets for pop culture laughs,” said Cathy Trost, vice president of exhibits and programs at the Newseum. “The exhibit explores the reality behind the humor of “Anchorman” and tracks the rise of personality-driven news formats in the 1970s.”
Visitors to the exhibit also will have an opportunity to step in front of the camera and participate in an Anchorman-themed TV spot at one of the Newseum’s Be a TV Reporter stations. With lead anchor Ron Burgundy providing a snappy introduction, budding reporters can find out if they have what it takes to become a member of the Channel 4 News team. The exhibit also will feature clips from the movie and special commentary by Will Ferrell.
“I’m literally trapped in a glass case of emotion,” said Ron Burgundy, commenting on his inclusion in the museum’s exhibit.
“Anchorman: The Exhibit” will be on display at the Newseum through Aug. 31, 2014.
ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES opens on December 20th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 190 total posts 91 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 321 total posts 76 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 81 total posts 45 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 182 total posts 44 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 193 total posts 32 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 152 total posts 29 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 32 total posts 16 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 372 total posts 16 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 44 total posts 15 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 46 total posts 8 posts