New character poster for MACHETE KILLS shows Michelle Rodriguez looking more badass than ever!!
Howdy do, everyone, it's Papa Vinyard here.
This one focuses on Michelle Rodriguez's She character, who, as you remember, was a taco vixen-turned-revolutionary who survived getting shot in the eye by Don Johnson's racist asshole in the original. With her eyepatch, leather getup, shoulder-blade armor, and those two improbably badass-looking revolvers, it's looking like our buddy Robert Rodriguez made the right call in keeping her around instead of Alba's softy, virginal federale. Ms. Rodriguez certainly has the market cornered on tough, take-no-shit Latina characters, yet somehow, this poster has enough force to keep her presence here from edging her into "annoyingly typecast" territory.
Can't wait for Mel's!
MACHETE KILLS on September 13th. Gimme.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 256 total posts 256 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 231 total posts 231 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 225 total posts 224 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 176 total posts 176 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 162 total posts 162 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 208 total posts 123 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 119 total posts 75 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 73 total posts 61 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 353 total posts 58 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 221 total posts 57 posts