New character poster for MACHETE KILLS shows Michelle Rodriguez looking more badass than ever!!
Howdy do, everyone, it's Papa Vinyard here.
This one focuses on Michelle Rodriguez's She character, who, as you remember, was a taco vixen-turned-revolutionary who survived getting shot in the eye by Don Johnson's racist asshole in the original. With her eyepatch, leather getup, shoulder-blade armor, and those two improbably badass-looking revolvers, it's looking like our buddy Robert Rodriguez made the right call in keeping her around instead of Alba's softy, virginal federale. Ms. Rodriguez certainly has the market cornered on tough, take-no-shit Latina characters, yet somehow, this poster has enough force to keep her presence here from edging her into "annoyingly typecast" territory.
Can't wait for Mel's!
MACHETE KILLS on September 13th. Gimme.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 96 total posts 96 posts
- Are you ready for VENOM and SINISTER-SIX films? -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 137 total posts 12 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 405 total posts 11 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 312 total posts 8 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 110 total posts 7 posts
- THE KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM gets a release date! But which version will we see? -- 26 total posts 6 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 96 total posts 4 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 183 total posts 3 posts