New character poster for MACHETE KILLS shows Michelle Rodriguez looking more badass than ever!!
Howdy do, everyone, it's Papa Vinyard here.
This one focuses on Michelle Rodriguez's She character, who, as you remember, was a taco vixen-turned-revolutionary who survived getting shot in the eye by Don Johnson's racist asshole in the original. With her eyepatch, leather getup, shoulder-blade armor, and those two improbably badass-looking revolvers, it's looking like our buddy Robert Rodriguez made the right call in keeping her around instead of Alba's softy, virginal federale. Ms. Rodriguez certainly has the market cornered on tough, take-no-shit Latina characters, yet somehow, this poster has enough force to keep her presence here from edging her into "annoyingly typecast" territory.
Can't wait for Mel's!
MACHETE KILLS on September 13th. Gimme.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 252 total posts 252 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 288 total posts 208 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 192 total posts 192 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 147 total posts 147 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 132 total posts 132 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 125 total posts 125 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 681 total posts 124 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 162 total posts 91 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 146 total posts 72 posts