New character poster for MACHETE KILLS shows Michelle Rodriguez looking more badass than ever!!
Howdy do, everyone, it's Papa Vinyard here.
This one focuses on Michelle Rodriguez's She character, who, as you remember, was a taco vixen-turned-revolutionary who survived getting shot in the eye by Don Johnson's racist asshole in the original. With her eyepatch, leather getup, shoulder-blade armor, and those two improbably badass-looking revolvers, it's looking like our buddy Robert Rodriguez made the right call in keeping her around instead of Alba's softy, virginal federale. Ms. Rodriguez certainly has the market cornered on tough, take-no-shit Latina characters, yet somehow, this poster has enough force to keep her presence here from edging her into "annoyingly typecast" territory.
Can't wait for Mel's!
MACHETE KILLS on September 13th. Gimme.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 214 total posts 10 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 24 total posts 7 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 567 total posts 5 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- First clip from Jon Favreau's CHEF, premiering at SXSW! Favs vs. Twitter! -- 20 total posts 3 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 153 total posts 3 posts