New character poster for MACHETE KILLS shows Michelle Rodriguez looking more badass than ever!!
Howdy do, everyone, it's Papa Vinyard here.
This one focuses on Michelle Rodriguez's She character, who, as you remember, was a taco vixen-turned-revolutionary who survived getting shot in the eye by Don Johnson's racist asshole in the original. With her eyepatch, leather getup, shoulder-blade armor, and those two improbably badass-looking revolvers, it's looking like our buddy Robert Rodriguez made the right call in keeping her around instead of Alba's softy, virginal federale. Ms. Rodriguez certainly has the market cornered on tough, take-no-shit Latina characters, yet somehow, this poster has enough force to keep her presence here from edging her into "annoyingly typecast" territory.
Can't wait for Mel's!
MACHETE KILLS on September 13th. Gimme.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 441 total posts 51 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 146 total posts 42 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 63 total posts 39 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 85 total posts 21 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 62 total posts 16 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 116 total posts 10 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 155 total posts 10 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 87 total posts 10 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 625 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 610 total posts 8 posts