Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early screening of MAN OF STEEL!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Let's just say that in the last couple of days, I've had very good reasons to be even more excited about seeing Zack Snyder take on Superman, starring Henry Cavill, Michael Shannon, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, and many others. I'm hearing the action sequences are second to none, the more contemplative material is top notch, and that Shannon blows the roof off the whole film (probably quite literally). I've gone from curious about the outcome of Snyder's work to outright anticipation.
I'm seeing MAN OF STEEL for the first time on Thursday, June 6 at 7:00pm, and I'd like to bring a heaping handful Ain't It Cool News readers along for the ride. So here's how to get a chance to come to the first Chicago screening of MAN OF STEEL…
Send me an email at ManOfSteelChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "It's not an S" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you are bringing a CONFIRMED guest (guest's name is not needed), and the answer to the following question: "What makes Superman so super?" (In other words, what makes Superman a contender for the greatest superhero of all time?) The word limit on this answer is 75 words or less (anything over that goes in the trash.) The most interesting, specific answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:45pm (again, pay attention to this time), at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Not showing up because the weather is bad is not an excuse; you live in Chicago, you know the odds of the weather being shitty are elevated.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Warner Brothers for giving us this awesome screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 157 total posts 157 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 540 total posts 154 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 323 total posts 145 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 136 total posts 136 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 238 total posts 92 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1505 total posts 62 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 91 total posts 58 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 62 total posts 52 posts