Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early screening of MAN OF STEEL!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Let's just say that in the last couple of days, I've had very good reasons to be even more excited about seeing Zack Snyder take on Superman, starring Henry Cavill, Michael Shannon, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, and many others. I'm hearing the action sequences are second to none, the more contemplative material is top notch, and that Shannon blows the roof off the whole film (probably quite literally). I've gone from curious about the outcome of Snyder's work to outright anticipation.
I'm seeing MAN OF STEEL for the first time on Thursday, June 6 at 7:00pm, and I'd like to bring a heaping handful Ain't It Cool News readers along for the ride. So here's how to get a chance to come to the first Chicago screening of MAN OF STEEL…
Send me an email at ManOfSteelChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "It's not an S" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you are bringing a CONFIRMED guest (guest's name is not needed), and the answer to the following question: "What makes Superman so super?" (In other words, what makes Superman a contender for the greatest superhero of all time?) The word limit on this answer is 75 words or less (anything over that goes in the trash.) The most interesting, specific answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:45pm (again, pay attention to this time), at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Not showing up because the weather is bad is not an excuse; you live in Chicago, you know the odds of the weather being shitty are elevated.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Warner Brothers for giving us this awesome screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 490 total posts 197 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 679 total posts 84 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 84 total posts 45 posts
- Capone feels burned by the out-of-control acting in OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 126 total posts 28 posts
- Watch Tom Hiddleston sway with Tilda Swinton in this clip from ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 39 total posts 25 posts