Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me, man! We’re in The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s mouth! We’re in its mouth!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Today we have a silly picture from a silly movie. That’s right, it’s time to bust out some ’98 Godzilla cheesiness!
The movie’s stupid. We all agree about that. I kinda dig the big lizard’s design, but it’s not Godzilla. However if that was the only thing off about that film then we’d probably be about 5 deep into the new Godzilla franchise by now. In other words, Gareth Edwards would probably still be doing his movie, but they’d be calling it a reboot more aggressively in the press.
Remember how awesome the teaser trailers for this movie was? Talk about a let down. Anyway, CG was still young so they hadn’t quite gotten to the level of just building everything in the computer, so that’s where today’s image comes in.
What you see below is a 1/6th scale Godzilla built for a few key shots, including the one where he comes busting through the bridge to get some metal nom-noms. As rubbery and fake as these elements look in this shot it still makes it look like an effort instead of just passing the buck to some poor bastard in a cubical.
Thanks to David Sword for this shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic is a biggun.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 316 total posts 87 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 255 total posts 69 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 311 total posts 64 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 103 total posts 50 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 247 total posts 14 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 288 total posts 13 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 67 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 9 posts