Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me, man! We’re in The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s mouth! We’re in its mouth!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Today we have a silly picture from a silly movie. That’s right, it’s time to bust out some ’98 Godzilla cheesiness!
The movie’s stupid. We all agree about that. I kinda dig the big lizard’s design, but it’s not Godzilla. However if that was the only thing off about that film then we’d probably be about 5 deep into the new Godzilla franchise by now. In other words, Gareth Edwards would probably still be doing his movie, but they’d be calling it a reboot more aggressively in the press.
Remember how awesome the teaser trailers for this movie was? Talk about a let down. Anyway, CG was still young so they hadn’t quite gotten to the level of just building everything in the computer, so that’s where today’s image comes in.
What you see below is a 1/6th scale Godzilla built for a few key shots, including the one where he comes busting through the bridge to get some metal nom-noms. As rubbery and fake as these elements look in this shot it still makes it look like an effort instead of just passing the buck to some poor bastard in a cubical.
Thanks to David Sword for this shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic is a biggun.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 166 total posts 166 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 428 total posts 91 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 174 total posts 44 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 73 total posts 44 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 51 total posts 43 posts
- Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 38 total posts 31 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 65 total posts 29 posts