Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me, man! We’re in The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s mouth! We’re in its mouth!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Today we have a silly picture from a silly movie. That’s right, it’s time to bust out some ’98 Godzilla cheesiness!
The movie’s stupid. We all agree about that. I kinda dig the big lizard’s design, but it’s not Godzilla. However if that was the only thing off about that film then we’d probably be about 5 deep into the new Godzilla franchise by now. In other words, Gareth Edwards would probably still be doing his movie, but they’d be calling it a reboot more aggressively in the press.
Remember how awesome the teaser trailers for this movie was? Talk about a let down. Anyway, CG was still young so they hadn’t quite gotten to the level of just building everything in the computer, so that’s where today’s image comes in.
What you see below is a 1/6th scale Godzilla built for a few key shots, including the one where he comes busting through the bridge to get some metal nom-noms. As rubbery and fake as these elements look in this shot it still makes it look like an effort instead of just passing the buck to some poor bastard in a cubical.
Thanks to David Sword for this shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic is a biggun.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 331 total posts 75 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 84 total posts 38 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 231 total posts 38 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 62 total posts 32 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 58 total posts 30 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 160 total posts 24 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 148 total posts 22 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 167 total posts 20 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 114 total posts 19 posts