The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day wanted King Kong and you brought it a goddamn giant gerbil!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
I have very vivid memories of going with my kindergarten class to see Harry and the Hendersons at the theater. The moment that sticks out to me the most is minor as an adult, but scared the shit out of me as a kid. It’s a fun moment whenever the Bigfoot is revealed to be alive after the Hendersons hit him and strap him to the roof… you know the scene, his face and hands suddently appear on the windshield, everybody screams, the brakes are hit and poor ol’ Harry goes flying into the road.
My 6 year old guard was so down at that moment that I jumped a mile when Harry popped up and roared… and I probably have never trusted movies since, but it’s still a good memory.
The great Rick Baker designed and executed the Harry outfit and was again successful at giving real character and life to a hunk of rubber and fur. Today’s picture shows the man and his creation during the making of the movie.
Thanks to Michael Heintzelman and the Practical Effects Group for this shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic will swallow you whole, by God.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 173 total posts 173 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 438 total posts 101 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 174 total posts 44 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 73 total posts 44 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 51 total posts 43 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 38 total posts 31 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 65 total posts 29 posts