The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day wanted King Kong and you brought it a goddamn giant gerbil!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
I have very vivid memories of going with my kindergarten class to see Harry and the Hendersons at the theater. The moment that sticks out to me the most is minor as an adult, but scared the shit out of me as a kid. It’s a fun moment whenever the Bigfoot is revealed to be alive after the Hendersons hit him and strap him to the roof… you know the scene, his face and hands suddently appear on the windshield, everybody screams, the brakes are hit and poor ol’ Harry goes flying into the road.
My 6 year old guard was so down at that moment that I jumped a mile when Harry popped up and roared… and I probably have never trusted movies since, but it’s still a good memory.
The great Rick Baker designed and executed the Harry outfit and was again successful at giving real character and life to a hunk of rubber and fur. Today’s picture shows the man and his creation during the making of the movie.
Thanks to Michael Heintzelman and the Practical Effects Group for this shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic will swallow you whole, by God.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 334 total posts 78 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 86 total posts 40 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 231 total posts 38 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 66 total posts 36 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 59 total posts 31 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 160 total posts 24 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 148 total posts 22 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 117 total posts 22 posts