The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day wanted King Kong and you brought it a goddamn giant gerbil!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
I have very vivid memories of going with my kindergarten class to see Harry and the Hendersons at the theater. The moment that sticks out to me the most is minor as an adult, but scared the shit out of me as a kid. It’s a fun moment whenever the Bigfoot is revealed to be alive after the Hendersons hit him and strap him to the roof… you know the scene, his face and hands suddently appear on the windshield, everybody screams, the brakes are hit and poor ol’ Harry goes flying into the road.
My 6 year old guard was so down at that moment that I jumped a mile when Harry popped up and roared… and I probably have never trusted movies since, but it’s still a good memory.
The great Rick Baker designed and executed the Harry outfit and was again successful at giving real character and life to a hunk of rubber and fur. Today’s picture shows the man and his creation during the making of the movie.
Thanks to Michael Heintzelman and the Practical Effects Group for this shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic will swallow you whole, by God.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 394 total posts 138 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 265 total posts 72 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 88 total posts 58 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 149 total posts 54 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 98 total posts 52 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 70 total posts 42 posts