The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day wanted King Kong and you brought it a goddamn giant gerbil!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
I have very vivid memories of going with my kindergarten class to see Harry and the Hendersons at the theater. The moment that sticks out to me the most is minor as an adult, but scared the shit out of me as a kid. It’s a fun moment whenever the Bigfoot is revealed to be alive after the Hendersons hit him and strap him to the roof… you know the scene, his face and hands suddently appear on the windshield, everybody screams, the brakes are hit and poor ol’ Harry goes flying into the road.
My 6 year old guard was so down at that moment that I jumped a mile when Harry popped up and roared… and I probably have never trusted movies since, but it’s still a good memory.
The great Rick Baker designed and executed the Harry outfit and was again successful at giving real character and life to a hunk of rubber and fur. Today’s picture shows the man and his creation during the making of the movie.
Thanks to Michael Heintzelman and the Practical Effects Group for this shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic will swallow you whole, by God.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 453 total posts 172 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 324 total posts 78 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 251 total posts 31 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 213 total posts 23 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 587 total posts 21 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 128 total posts 13 posts