Paul Giamatti gets in a suit and Spidey has a mini-me in these new Amazing Spider-Man set pics!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I love Spider-Man set photos. I know it must piss off the production something fierce, but getting tiny glimpses of the making of a Spider-Man movie really get my geek juices flowing.
Here's the thing... when Nolan was shooting his Batman movies all over the place that was cool and all, but it was still just mostly just shots of a dude standing around in a rubber suit. When we get Spider-Man set pics we get to see Spidey being Spidey. There's a pose that the Spider-Man stunt guy hits that almost made me squee. I know I shouldn't admit that in public, but goddamnit it did. It's the final pic in the bunch below.
What's also noteworthy about these images is that we get a glimpse at... something... involving the Rhino. I assume it's a reference for the surely mechanical suit Paul Giamatti will wear. I was wondering if they were going to go mutant ala The Lizard, but if they were doing that wouldn't Giamatti's face be all dotted up performance-capture style? Those radiation symbol looking dots are definitely for being tracked in a computer and Giamatti looks to be acting his heart out in these images, so I'm going to venture a guess that we'll be seeing his face in this suit, however it appears via the magic of computers.
It also appears Spidey has a mini-me in this movie. I was hoping at first that it was just a kid who happened to hear the new Spider-Man was filming down the street, but I think it's all part of the scene being filmed.
I'm super pumped. The suit's never looked better and Andrew Garfield is my favorite onscreen Peter Parker/Spider-Man. If Webb's Amazing Spider-Man turns out to be as big a step up as Raimi's second Spidey film was we're in for a treat next year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 27 total posts 25 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 122 total posts 18 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 43 total posts 17 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 157 total posts 15 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 190 total posts 13 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 158 total posts 13 posts
- Michael Fassbender makes experimental music from behind a giant papier-mache head in this trailer for FRANK! -- 41 total posts 10 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 35 total posts 10 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 540 total posts 9 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 35 total posts 9 posts