Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!?
Francis Ford Coppola looks to be ramping-up another historical epic centering on Italian-Americans.
The Godfather helmer is readying an untitled film that will chronicle an Italian-American family and span from the 1930s to the 1960s.
Coppola is writing the screenplay, which is described as a coming-of-age story that focuses on a boy and girl in their late teens, and has set up offices on the Paramount lot.
...says THIS piece at THR.
While this new picture is Coppola's first large-scale return to Italian-American experience subject matter since 1990's GODFATHER PART III, he's been actively involved with a number of other projects since then, including (and by no means limited to) 2012's Kristen Stewart-starring adaptation of Jack Kerouac's ON THE ROAD (as an Executive Producer), EPing Tim Burton's SLEEPY HOLLOW movie in 1999, EPing LOST IN TRANSLATION in 2003, Directing/Producing TWIXT in 2011, and working extensively in uncredited capacities on that visually stunning/intellectually confused SUPERNOVA film back in 2000 (a defunct Walter Hill undertaking).
THR is quick to indicate that, while Coppola has already set up offices at Paramount, discussions regarding the studio's broader involvement with the picture have apparenty not happened yet. This said, it should be noted that Coppola has a long history with Paramount (TUCKER, THE GODFATHER films, and SLEEPY HOLLOW for example) - so it wouldn't be surprising to see the company jump on-board more fully further down the road.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 190 total posts 34 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 219 total posts 26 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 67 total posts 26 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 36 total posts 25 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 68 total posts 22 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 15 total posts 14 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 26 total posts 12 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts