NBC To Launch This July 13-Episode Scripted Series SIBERIA, About Strange 21st Century Happenings At The Site Of The 1908 Tunguska Meteor!!
NBC describes the premise:
“In 1908, a meteor hit deep into the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. Now, more than 100 years later, 16 contestants descend on Tunguska unknowing of the land’s mysterious past. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants are met with the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.”
“Siberia” kinda comes out of nowhere.
There doesn’t seem to be an IMDb page for it, so we don’t know anything about the cast.
The NBC press release says it was “created by Matthew Arnold” without listing any of Arnold’s prior credits.
I might be more excited about “Siberia” were I not still stinging from NBC’s wildly disappointing 2010 summer series “Persons Unknown,” with which “Siberia” seems to share certain themes.
NBC ACQUIRES ONE-HOUR SERIES ‘SIBERIA’ FROM SIERRA/ENGINE TELEVISION AND INFINITY FILMS Drama About Reality Show Contestants Uncovering Dark Secrets Set to Premiere July 1
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – May 20, 2013 – NBC has acquired the one-hour series “Siberia” from Sierra/Engine Television and Oscar-nominated producer Michael Ohoven’s Infinity Films.
The series will premiere Monday, July 1 at 10 p.m. ET.
“NBC immediately saw the potential in ‘Siberia’ and this acquisition truly exemplifies the quality of this groundbreaking series. We are excited to bring it to their viewers,” said executive producer Chris Philip, who also serves as CEO for Sierra/Engine Television.
“We created the series as a dramatic human experiment shot under difficult conditions and we are thrilled to see it on NBC,” said Ohoven.
“The concept of survival, when mysterious elements are at play, makes for a compelling show,” said Jeff Bader, President, Program Planning, Strategy and Research for NBC Entertainment.
“We believe a scripted series that offers an insightful behind-the-scenes view of how a reality concept comes together — especially when things don’t go according to plan — will connect with our audience in a very satisfying way.”
In 1908, a meteor hit deep into the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. Now, more than 100 years later, 16 contestants descend on Tunguska unknowing of the land’s mysterious past. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants are met with the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.
“Siberia” is an Infinity Films Production in association with Sierra/Engine Television and Welldone Productions. Executive producers are Ohoven, Slava Jakovleff and Philip.
The series was created by Matthew Arnold.
Sierra/Engine Television will handle the worldwide distribution rights for the series and will present it at the May screenings. Sierra/Engine was represented in the negotiations by Coast Road Media LLC. In addition to “Siberia,”
Sierra/Engine Television also handles the distribution rights to the upcoming NBC series “Crossbones,” starring John Malkovich.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 163 total posts 80 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 98 total posts 56 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 332 total posts 37 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 200 total posts 36 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 95 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 41 total posts 30 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 88 total posts 27 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 73 total posts 24 posts