NBC To Launch This July 13-Episode Scripted Series SIBERIA, About Strange 21st Century Happenings At The Site Of The 1908 Tunguska Meteor!!
NBC describes the premise:
“In 1908, a meteor hit deep into the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. Now, more than 100 years later, 16 contestants descend on Tunguska unknowing of the land’s mysterious past. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants are met with the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.”
“Siberia” kinda comes out of nowhere.
There doesn’t seem to be an IMDb page for it, so we don’t know anything about the cast.
The NBC press release says it was “created by Matthew Arnold” without listing any of Arnold’s prior credits.
I might be more excited about “Siberia” were I not still stinging from NBC’s wildly disappointing 2010 summer series “Persons Unknown,” with which “Siberia” seems to share certain themes.
NBC ACQUIRES ONE-HOUR SERIES ‘SIBERIA’ FROM SIERRA/ENGINE TELEVISION AND INFINITY FILMS Drama About Reality Show Contestants Uncovering Dark Secrets Set to Premiere July 1
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – May 20, 2013 – NBC has acquired the one-hour series “Siberia” from Sierra/Engine Television and Oscar-nominated producer Michael Ohoven’s Infinity Films.
The series will premiere Monday, July 1 at 10 p.m. ET.
“NBC immediately saw the potential in ‘Siberia’ and this acquisition truly exemplifies the quality of this groundbreaking series. We are excited to bring it to their viewers,” said executive producer Chris Philip, who also serves as CEO for Sierra/Engine Television.
“We created the series as a dramatic human experiment shot under difficult conditions and we are thrilled to see it on NBC,” said Ohoven.
“The concept of survival, when mysterious elements are at play, makes for a compelling show,” said Jeff Bader, President, Program Planning, Strategy and Research for NBC Entertainment.
“We believe a scripted series that offers an insightful behind-the-scenes view of how a reality concept comes together — especially when things don’t go according to plan — will connect with our audience in a very satisfying way.”
In 1908, a meteor hit deep into the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. Now, more than 100 years later, 16 contestants descend on Tunguska unknowing of the land’s mysterious past. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants are met with the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.
“Siberia” is an Infinity Films Production in association with Sierra/Engine Television and Welldone Productions. Executive producers are Ohoven, Slava Jakovleff and Philip.
The series was created by Matthew Arnold.
Sierra/Engine Television will handle the worldwide distribution rights for the series and will present it at the May screenings. Sierra/Engine was represented in the negotiations by Coast Road Media LLC. In addition to “Siberia,”
Sierra/Engine Television also handles the distribution rights to the upcoming NBC series “Crossbones,” starring John Malkovich.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 148 total posts 18 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 352 total posts 15 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 13 total posts 6 posts