Has STAR WARS EPISODE VII Landed Its First Non-OT Cast Member?
We already know Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and probably Harrison Ford are in talks to reprise their iconic roles in J.J. Abrams's STAR WARS EPISODE VII, but we've yet to hear any word as to who might be joining them in that galaxy far, far away. Well, the scoopsters at Latino Review are at it again, and this time they've turned up the first solid casting lead on this much-anticipated movie.
That there's Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who can currently be seen in THE TUDORS. As Latino-Review notes, he's worked with Abrams before (in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III), and, not for nothing, he smooched Obi-Wan Kenobi himself, Ewan McGregor, in Todd Haynes's VELVET GOLDMINE. Put these two together, and this rumor just has to be true!
Harry's attempting to confirm this through his sources, but I've a feeling this is the kind of scoop that won't be verified until one of the trades gets fed it. It does sound plausible, though, so feel free to speculate about how Abrams and screenwriter Michael Arndt might utilize this talented Irish actor.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts