AICN Toys: Marvel Legends Movie Mandarin, DOCTOR WHO, SPIRIT OF HORDAK, ARKHAM ORIGINS, Hot Toys Mime Joker, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few toy lines that are making news this week. As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the preorder links.
THE MIME VERSION OF JACK NICHOLSON'S JOKER FROM HOT TOYS
"Come on you gruesome son of a bitch! Come to me." That was my first thought when I saw this new 1/6 movie Joker. This bad boy will feature more than 30 points of articulation, the parallel eyeball rolling system, six interchangeable hands, a cloth costume, three feathers, and a figure stage. He will release in the fourth quarter of 2013 or you can preorder him here.
ARKHAM ORIGINS BATMAN AND BLACK MASK FROM DC COLLECTIBLES
We’re getting our first look at two character designs from the next Batman video game via these upcoming action figures. Batman: Arkham Origins will serve as a prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. In this game, Black Mask places a bounty on the young crime fighter’s head with assassins like Deathstroke out to collect. Both of these 7-inch scale figures will make up the first wave. Batman and Black Mask are both up for preorder or you can wait for them to release in October.
NES VERSION OF JASON VORHEES FROM NECA
The 1989 Nintendo adaption of Friday the 13th had a high difficulty level (that's putting it lightly). I have fond memories of playing it at a slumber party. Everyone took turns mashing buttons, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. We eventually gave up after an hour. NECA will resurrect the purple jumpsuit version of Jason at this year’s San Diego Comic Con, complete with glow-in-the-dark mask, hands, feet, machete and ax head. The 7-inch scale exclusive will come in a special window box packaging with opening flap to re-create the look and feel of the classic 1989 Friday the 13th video game packaging. He'll sell for $25.
MARVEL LEGENDS MOVIE MANDARIN FROM HASBRO
According to the Mandarin, “You’ll never see me coming…” Thanks to io9, that’s not exactly the case. They broke the first look at this new 6-inch scale figure of Ben Kingsley from Iron Man 3. He should hit toy shelves this fall as part of the Iron Monger build-a-figure line.
DOCTOR WHO 3.75-INCH FIGURES FROM UNDERGROUND TOYS
Back in January at the UK Toy Fair, Underground Toys announced that they were planning to produce a new line of smaller Doctor Who action figures. Now were getting a look at the first wave of 3.75-inch characters including The Doctor, Clara, an Ice Warrior, a Dalek, a Weeping Angel and the latest version of the Cybermen. With the exception of the Dalek, each character will come with its own display base. This new wave will arrive here in the states in July or you can preorder the set here.
And finally this week, Pixel Dan got his hands on the new Spirit of Hordak limited edition figure from MattyCollector.com. This chase figure will randomly pop-up on the company's website throughout the year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 216 total posts 26 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 25 total posts 17 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 282 total posts 10 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 97 total posts 8 posts
- The OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN gets a director and rumored synopsis! -- 175 total posts 7 posts
- Drew McWeeny Drops By For The Latest Episode Of "Fire Talk With Me"! Blu-ray Contest Winner Announced! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- New Images from ROSEWATER, Starring Gael Garcia Bernal! -- 26 total posts 4 posts
1918-2014 -- 34 total posts 4 posts
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to Re-Team on New Film! -- 86 total posts 3 posts
- Discover How Little You Know About The People You Know in this teaser for Jason Reitman's MEN, WOMEN & CHILDREN! -- 28 total posts 2 posts