Spike Lee to strike GOLD!!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
The movie will be set in the 90’s and will follow, “a rough-around-the-edges prospector who stumbles onto one of the largest gold mines in the world in the Indonesian jungle.” It is based on the true story Bre-X Mineral Corporation mining scandal that happened in 1993. Read about the real life scandal here. It is a really fascinating story that seems like something Spike Lee will do well with, and it brings to mind INSIDE MAN and THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE (which is one of my all time favorite films).
No word yet on who will be leading the cast as Spike Lee is finishing up his remake of OLDBOY and shooting on GOLD is expected to take place this fall. Stay tuned.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 183 total posts 183 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 259 total posts 158 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 268 total posts 130 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 163 total posts 72 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 116 total posts 60 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 68 total posts 40 posts