Phillip Seymour Hoffman to be put in GOD'S POCKET!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
Deadline is reporting that Phillip Seymour Hoffman has signed on to star in MAD MEN actor John Slattery's debut directorial film, GOD'S POCKET (awesome title). They are also reporting that Richard Jenkins, Christina Hendricks and John Turturro will co-star alongside Hoffman. John Slattery will write and direct.
GOD'S POCKET will be an adaptation of Pete Dexter's 1983 novel of the same name. I haven't read it so I can't speak to the quality of it personally, but with this cast and crew it's definitely going to be worth paying attention to.
Here is the official plot description of the novel from Amazon: "Young Leon Hubbard was arrogant and near psychotic. So when he was killed on a South Philadelphia construction site, everyone who knew him wanted to bury the bad news with the body. All, that is, except two--Leon's mother and the local columnist for the common man."
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 205 total posts 140 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 408 total posts 52 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 97 total posts 36 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 261 total posts 32 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 40 total posts 19 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 199 total posts 16 posts
- A Trailer And Poster For THE PYRAMID, Produced By Alexandre Aja!! -- 78 total posts 8 posts
- A Newish Spot For David Fincher’s GONE GIRL Is Now Online!! -- 56 total posts 6 posts