Phillip Seymour Hoffman to be put in GOD'S POCKET!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
Deadline is reporting that Phillip Seymour Hoffman has signed on to star in MAD MEN actor John Slattery's debut directorial film, GOD'S POCKET (awesome title). They are also reporting that Richard Jenkins, Christina Hendricks and John Turturro will co-star alongside Hoffman. John Slattery will write and direct.
GOD'S POCKET will be an adaptation of Pete Dexter's 1983 novel of the same name. I haven't read it so I can't speak to the quality of it personally, but with this cast and crew it's definitely going to be worth paying attention to.
Here is the official plot description of the novel from Amazon: "Young Leon Hubbard was arrogant and near psychotic. So when he was killed on a South Philadelphia construction site, everyone who knew him wanted to bury the bad news with the body. All, that is, except two--Leon's mother and the local columnist for the common man."
Follow me on Twitter.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 209 total posts 209 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 178 total posts 178 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 198 total posts 114 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 67 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 345 total posts 50 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 211 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 56 total posts 44 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 100 total posts 39 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 83 total posts 34 posts