ANGRY BIRDS To Crash Into Movie Theaters On July 1, 2016!
ANGRY BIRDS, the popular time-waster of a video game designed by Rovio Entertainment, has been downloaded a whopping 1.7 billion times. That's a whole bunch-a downloadin'! That means it's a brand with crossover potential, which means, fuck it, let's try to make a movie out of the sucker!
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony has secured the worldwide distribution rights to the 3D animated film that will eventually be made of generally plotless game. This is terribly exciting for everyone with a financial stake in these companies, and of little consequence to the rest of us until the movie turns up in theaters on July 1, 2016, at which point our sons and daughters and nephews and nieces will be begging us to take them to see their generation's POKEMON. The film will be produced by John Cohen (a producer on DESPICABLE ME) and David Maisel (a producer on IRON MAN, THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA). Edward Albee will write the screenplay.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 118 total posts 35 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 30 total posts 20 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 183 total posts 19 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 311 total posts 16 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 58 total posts 16 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 187 total posts 12 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 19 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 69 total posts 8 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 69 total posts 8 posts