ANGRY BIRDS To Crash Into Movie Theaters On July 1, 2016!
ANGRY BIRDS, the popular time-waster of a video game designed by Rovio Entertainment, has been downloaded a whopping 1.7 billion times. That's a whole bunch-a downloadin'! That means it's a brand with crossover potential, which means, fuck it, let's try to make a movie out of the sucker!
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony has secured the worldwide distribution rights to the 3D animated film that will eventually be made of generally plotless game. This is terribly exciting for everyone with a financial stake in these companies, and of little consequence to the rest of us until the movie turns up in theaters on July 1, 2016, at which point our sons and daughters and nephews and nieces will be begging us to take them to see their generation's POKEMON. The film will be produced by John Cohen (a producer on DESPICABLE ME) and David Maisel (a producer on IRON MAN, THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA). Edward Albee will write the screenplay.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 39 total posts 7 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 346 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 10 total posts 4 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 518 total posts 3 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 79 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 150 total posts 2 posts
- Here’s A Poster And Trailer For THE ROVER - Guy Pearce In A Post Apocalyptic Hell Down Under!! -- 50 total posts 1 post
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 91 total posts 1 post