ANGRY BIRDS To Crash Into Movie Theaters On July 1, 2016!
ANGRY BIRDS, the popular time-waster of a video game designed by Rovio Entertainment, has been downloaded a whopping 1.7 billion times. That's a whole bunch-a downloadin'! That means it's a brand with crossover potential, which means, fuck it, let's try to make a movie out of the sucker!
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony has secured the worldwide distribution rights to the 3D animated film that will eventually be made of generally plotless game. This is terribly exciting for everyone with a financial stake in these companies, and of little consequence to the rest of us until the movie turns up in theaters on July 1, 2016, at which point our sons and daughters and nephews and nieces will be begging us to take them to see their generation's POKEMON. The film will be produced by John Cohen (a producer on DESPICABLE ME) and David Maisel (a producer on IRON MAN, THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA). Edward Albee will write the screenplay.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 218 total posts 14 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 26 total posts 9 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 85 total posts 9 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 568 total posts 6 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 48 total posts 5 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 11 total posts 5 posts