ANGRY BIRDS To Crash Into Movie Theaters On July 1, 2016!
ANGRY BIRDS, the popular time-waster of a video game designed by Rovio Entertainment, has been downloaded a whopping 1.7 billion times. That's a whole bunch-a downloadin'! That means it's a brand with crossover potential, which means, fuck it, let's try to make a movie out of the sucker!
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony has secured the worldwide distribution rights to the 3D animated film that will eventually be made of generally plotless game. This is terribly exciting for everyone with a financial stake in these companies, and of little consequence to the rest of us until the movie turns up in theaters on July 1, 2016, at which point our sons and daughters and nephews and nieces will be begging us to take them to see their generation's POKEMON. The film will be produced by John Cohen (a producer on DESPICABLE ME) and David Maisel (a producer on IRON MAN, THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA). Edward Albee will write the screenplay.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 405 total posts 11 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 133 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 312 total posts 8 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 117 total posts 7 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 109 total posts 6 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 96 total posts 4 posts
- THE KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM gets a release date! But which version will we see? -- 23 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 281 total posts 3 posts
- 47 RONIN's Animated Prequel Thing Is Here!! -- 34 total posts 3 posts