This Sunday, Harry's hosting a trilogy screening event of BEFORE SUNRISE, BEFORE SUNSET & BEFORE MIDNIGHT - Is your soul romantic enough?
Hey folks, Harry here... It killed me to miss BEFORE MIDNIGHT at SXSW this year. Watching BEFORE SUNRISE the year before I created AICN, was one of those film experiences that made you wish you had an outlet to express the love you felt for a film beyond just a friend or two. I wanted the world to know how much I loved that film, how it perfectly captured the spark of romance like nothing else. BEFORE SUNSET came 9 years later and I fell gobsmacked in love with where that took their love. BEFORE MIDNIGHT had incredible buzz - and when I told Yoko how excited I was, she said she'd never seen the other two films of Rick's... and I decided right then and there that I would somehow set up a BEFORE Trilogy screening.
My original pitch to Linklater on this screening was to screen BEFORE SUNRISE before sunrise and exit in time to see the sun rise. Then screen BEFORE SUNSET in time to exit and watch the sun set. And then screen BEFORE MIDNIGHT with just enough time to be home just before the strike of midnight. To structure events throughout the day - to inspire the trilogy attendees to spend the day with the person they loved, to go to a local art museum, to have romantic breakfasts, lunches and dinners, to hike around Town Lake, to swim in Barton Springs... to spend the day romantically set in the city that continues to inspire Linklater to share his love upon the screen. To spend a day romantically entwined with this, what will most likely go down as the greatest romantic trilogy of all time. Thus far.
Linklater loved it. So we set it into motion. Working with The Austin Film Society, The Marchesa Theater and local businesses - we've made it a little less ardurous.
This Sunday, May 19th 2013 at The Marchesa Hall & Theatre beginning at 11am, we'll be screening BEFORE SUNRISE, take a break, then at 4pm we'll screen BEFORE SUNSET, take a break, then at 9pm we'll wrap up with BEFORE MIDNIGHT.
This is a very rare treat. According to Richard, this is the very first time that the films will be screened like this - and The Austin Film Society has done a brilliant job of reaching out to local Austin romantic hotspots to customize a series of offers that attendees can take advantage of all week long, not just this Sunday.
Now, I know... it isn't VALENTINE'S DAY - but since when does Hallmark have to manufacture an excuse to spend time with the person you love. This is a paid event, but all the money is going into the event and to the charity functions that the Austin Film Society supports - so it's all to a great cause!
Go to The Austin Film Society's special BEFORE trilogy event page to purchase your tickets, which are going quite - and let's fill this trilogy with loving people that love cinematic romance! OH - and there's a contest. But I'll let you discover that at the AFS page! Heh. We'll be having a blast at this!!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 433 total posts 140 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 642 total posts 47 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 68 total posts 29 posts
- Watch Tom Hiddleston sway with Tilda Swinton in this clip from ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 32 total posts 18 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 80 total posts 17 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 112 total posts 14 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 113 total posts 13 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- Herc’s Seen Tonight’s First Two Episodes Of Frank Darabont’s New TNT Series MOB CITY!! -- 24 total posts 7 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 59 total posts 7 posts