Wait, What? Arnold In Talks For THE TOXIC AVENGER? It's True!
Well, this certainly qualifies as the weirdest news item of the day. But it's also one of the most awesome. I love Troma, and especially THE TOXIC AVENGER series, which, while goofy, gross, disgusting, and just plain odd, still remains one of the most fun "bad" movie series there is. I hesitate to use the word "bad" because nothing can be bad if you're having fun watching it, and THE TOXIC AVENGER certainly qualifies.
But Variety just dropped a bombshell today - Arnold Schwarzenegger is currently in talks to headline the reboot of THE TOXIC AVENGER, with Steve Pink (HOT TUB TIME MACHINE) and Daniel C. Mitchell's script, to be produced by Elysium Films, Akiva Goldsman, Charlie Corwin, Michael Benaroya, and Richard Saperstein. Arnold won't be playing the famed 98-pound-weakling turned monstrous superhero (although that would be a truly strange and inspired choice) but another lead role in the production.
This looks to be, at the very least, a bigger budgeted film than the original, but that wouldn't be too difficult, considering they weren't made for much. But if Schwarzenegger isn't Toxie, who is? And what role will Arnold play? I'm thinking perhaps the villain, but we won't know that for a while.
So does this mean more Troma reboots are down the pipe? I'm holding out for FAT GUY GOES NUTZOID!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 232 total posts 232 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 355 total posts 128 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 115 total posts 115 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 284 total posts 100 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 116 total posts 63 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 29 total posts 29 posts