Wait, What? Arnold In Talks For THE TOXIC AVENGER? It's True!
Well, this certainly qualifies as the weirdest news item of the day. But it's also one of the most awesome. I love Troma, and especially THE TOXIC AVENGER series, which, while goofy, gross, disgusting, and just plain odd, still remains one of the most fun "bad" movie series there is. I hesitate to use the word "bad" because nothing can be bad if you're having fun watching it, and THE TOXIC AVENGER certainly qualifies.
But Variety just dropped a bombshell today - Arnold Schwarzenegger is currently in talks to headline the reboot of THE TOXIC AVENGER, with Steve Pink (HOT TUB TIME MACHINE) and Daniel C. Mitchell's script, to be produced by Elysium Films, Akiva Goldsman, Charlie Corwin, Michael Benaroya, and Richard Saperstein. Arnold won't be playing the famed 98-pound-weakling turned monstrous superhero (although that would be a truly strange and inspired choice) but another lead role in the production.
This looks to be, at the very least, a bigger budgeted film than the original, but that wouldn't be too difficult, considering they weren't made for much. But if Schwarzenegger isn't Toxie, who is? And what role will Arnold play? I'm thinking perhaps the villain, but we won't know that for a while.
So does this mean more Troma reboots are down the pipe? I'm holding out for FAT GUY GOES NUTZOID!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 83 total posts 31 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 120 total posts 13 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 63 total posts 10 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 31 total posts 9 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 343 total posts 7 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 243 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 274 total posts 6 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 59 total posts 6 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 64 total posts 5 posts