Wait, What? Arnold In Talks For THE TOXIC AVENGER? It's True!
Well, this certainly qualifies as the weirdest news item of the day. But it's also one of the most awesome. I love Troma, and especially THE TOXIC AVENGER series, which, while goofy, gross, disgusting, and just plain odd, still remains one of the most fun "bad" movie series there is. I hesitate to use the word "bad" because nothing can be bad if you're having fun watching it, and THE TOXIC AVENGER certainly qualifies.
But Variety just dropped a bombshell today - Arnold Schwarzenegger is currently in talks to headline the reboot of THE TOXIC AVENGER, with Steve Pink (HOT TUB TIME MACHINE) and Daniel C. Mitchell's script, to be produced by Elysium Films, Akiva Goldsman, Charlie Corwin, Michael Benaroya, and Richard Saperstein. Arnold won't be playing the famed 98-pound-weakling turned monstrous superhero (although that would be a truly strange and inspired choice) but another lead role in the production.
This looks to be, at the very least, a bigger budgeted film than the original, but that wouldn't be too difficult, considering they weren't made for much. But if Schwarzenegger isn't Toxie, who is? And what role will Arnold play? I'm thinking perhaps the villain, but we won't know that for a while.
So does this mean more Troma reboots are down the pipe? I'm holding out for FAT GUY GOES NUTZOID!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts