INTO THE WOODS Finds Its Baker!
Stephen Sondheim's INTO THE WOODS is one of my favorite musicals of the last thirty years, so I can't help but be a little disappointed as I watch Disney chase movie stars instead of Broadway stars for their big-screen rendition. But they were never going to court the latter, so let's make the best of this, shall we? While I've never heard James Corden belt a show tune, he's at least a very capable comedic actor, and should be solid in the lead role of the Baker in the fairy tale musical.
Corden joins Johnny Depp as the Wolf and Meryl Streep as the Witch. I imagine the hunt is on for Litle Red Ridinghood right now, and I'd be shocked if they haven't already considered Amanda Seyfried (though that may be inviting bad mojo given the poor box office for her last go-round with the character in RED RIDING HOOD). Rob Marshall is directing, which is concerning.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 416 total posts 30 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1471 total posts 28 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 205 total posts 27 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 716 total posts 25 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 166 total posts 21 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 157 total posts 12 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 20 total posts 10 posts
- AICN COMICS Q&@: Russ Sheath talks to artist Humberto Ramos about his new sketchbook MY MARVELS: Vol 2! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Fox Networks Group Chairman Peter Rice: ‘I’d Love To See Another Season Of 24!!’ -- 136 total posts 5 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 46 total posts 5 posts