INTO THE WOODS Finds Its Baker!
Stephen Sondheim's INTO THE WOODS is one of my favorite musicals of the last thirty years, so I can't help but be a little disappointed as I watch Disney chase movie stars instead of Broadway stars for their big-screen rendition. But they were never going to court the latter, so let's make the best of this, shall we? While I've never heard James Corden belt a show tune, he's at least a very capable comedic actor, and should be solid in the lead role of the Baker in the fairy tale musical.
Corden joins Johnny Depp as the Wolf and Meryl Streep as the Witch. I imagine the hunt is on for Litle Red Ridinghood right now, and I'd be shocked if they haven't already considered Amanda Seyfried (though that may be inviting bad mojo given the poor box office for her last go-round with the character in RED RIDING HOOD). Rob Marshall is directing, which is concerning.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 586 total posts 586 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 739 total posts 198 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 120 total posts 93 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 93 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts