INTO THE WOODS Finds Its Baker!
Stephen Sondheim's INTO THE WOODS is one of my favorite musicals of the last thirty years, so I can't help but be a little disappointed as I watch Disney chase movie stars instead of Broadway stars for their big-screen rendition. But they were never going to court the latter, so let's make the best of this, shall we? While I've never heard James Corden belt a show tune, he's at least a very capable comedic actor, and should be solid in the lead role of the Baker in the fairy tale musical.
Corden joins Johnny Depp as the Wolf and Meryl Streep as the Witch. I imagine the hunt is on for Litle Red Ridinghood right now, and I'd be shocked if they haven't already considered Amanda Seyfried (though that may be inviting bad mojo given the poor box office for her last go-round with the character in RED RIDING HOOD). Rob Marshall is directing, which is concerning.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 287 total posts 31 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 66 total posts 20 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 142 total posts 16 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 161 total posts 14 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 302 total posts 13 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 148 total posts 12 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 40 total posts 12 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 106 total posts 11 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 202 total posts 9 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 690 total posts 7 posts