HELL’S KITCHEN, KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, MASTERCHEF And HOTEL HELL Not Enough For You?? Next Season Fox Will Air Fifth Series Starring Gordon Ramsey!!
“Junior Masterchef” will feature cooks between the aged between eight and 13.
Will Ramsay scream lesser profanities at the children if their culinary concoctions are not up to snuff?
Look! Press release!!
FOX ORDERS NEW SERIES “JUNIOR MASTERCHEF,” AS PART OF NEW MULTI-YEAR DEAL WITH WORLD-RENOWNED CHEF GORDON RAMSAY
JUNIOR MASTERCHEF Set To Start Cooking During 2013-2014 Season
FOX Renews Hit Cooking Competition Series HELL’S KITCHEN and MASTERCHEF for Additional Season Orders
FOX has picked up JUNIOR MASTERCHEF, a new culinary competition series for talented kids between the ages of eight and 13 who love to cook, as part of a new multi-year deal with award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay, it was announced today by Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.
As part of Ramsay’s new deal, FOX also has picked up one additional season of HELL’S KITCHEN and two more seasons of MASTERCHEF. The deal will extend HELL’S KITCHEN to a 13th season and bring MASTERCHEF to a fifth and sixth season. The addition of JUNIOR MASTERCHEF brings the total number of Ramsay-led shows airing on FOX to five, including MASTERCHEF, HELL’S KITCHEN, HOTEL HELL and KITCHEN NIGHTMARES.
“Gordon brings an incredible level of energy and passion to each of his series that our viewers absolutely love, so we are thrilled that he will continue building his brand here on FOX,” said Darnell. “He’s a global superstar, and the success and longevity of his unprecedented five series on our network proves that America just can’t get enough of Gordon.”
“We have such great teams and partners on these shows, and I’m really excited we’re able to offer this new opportunity to young budding chefs across the country with JUNIOR MASTERCHEF,” added Ramsay. “Having my own children who love to cook, I know firsthand the skill and passion these kids can have at such a young age, and what they can do with it. It’s just extraordinary to watch them in action.”
JUNIOR MASTERCHEF is based on the hugely successful U.K. format and extends the MASTERCHEF brand in the U.S. to include a younger group of aspiring masterchefs. Produced by Shine America and One Potato Two Potato, JUNIOR MASTERCHEF will give budding cooks the exciting opportunity to showcase their talent, culinary smarts and passion for food through a series of delicious challenges and cook-offs. Similar to MASTERCHEF, Ramsay will be joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich (Del Posto, Eataly) and acclaimed chef Graham Elliot (Graham Elliot, Graham Elliot Bistro) on the JUNIOR MASTERCHEF judging panel. Together, the celebrated food experts will coach and encourage the promising hopefuls to cook like a pro and teach them the tricks of the trade along the way.
In a special two-hour episode of HELL’S KITCHEN airing Monday, May 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Chef Ramsay announces that HELL’S KITCHEN will be hosting a very intimate dinner for distinguished members of the United States Army. Then, in another intense dinner service, Chef Ramsay challenges both teams to design and execute their own team menus – one team falters and finds itself in a confrontational elimination round, and one more chef is sent home for good.
MASTERCHEF gives talented home cooks from all walks of life the chance to showcase their skills, knowledge and immense passion to turn their culinary dreams into a reality. Ramsay is joined by Bastianich and Elliot on the MASTERCHEF judging panel to put the contestants through a series of exciting challenges and elimination rounds that will turn one home cook into a culinary master. Season Four of MASTERCHEF will premiere Wednesday, May 22 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).
HELL’S KITCHEN, which is airing its 11th season, currently ranks as TV’s No. 1 cooking show in Total Viewers, while MASTERCHEF finished its third season as a Top 5 summer series and was the only summer show to post year-over-year gains. In fact, this past summer, Ramsay’s shows accounted for four of the Top 6 entertainment programs among Adults 18-49 in broadcast primetime and all three of the Top 3 programs among Adults 18-34.
JUNIOR MASTERCHEF is produced by Shine America and One Potato Two Potato and is based on the format created by Franc Roddam and Shine. Shine International handles distribution for the MASTERCHEF format. Elisabeth Murdoch, Eden Gaha, Paul Franklin, Robin Ashbrook, Gordon Ramsay, Adeline Ramage Rooney, Patricia Llewellyn and Ben Adler serve as executive producers.
Fox announces its 2013-14 schedule Monday.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 158 total posts 134 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 487 total posts 97 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 197 total posts 93 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 650 total posts 48 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 82 total posts 36 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 97 total posts 33 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 26 total posts 25 posts
- Stern's TALENT!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR & PAINS!! WIFE SWAP & DEGRASSI Finales!! Chris Pratt & Judy Greer On LETTERMAN!! Maggie Gyllenhaal & Lee Pace On SETH!! Jamie Chung On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 164 total posts 19 posts