AICN Toys: PACIFIC RIM, Kirk & Khan, War Macine Mark II, Black Boba Fett, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few toy lines that are making news this week... As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the preorder links...
PACIFIC RIM 18-INCH GYPSY DANGER FROM NECA
Meet Gipsy Danger. This beauty stands between mankind’s future and giant Kaiju invaders. NECA has the action figure license for Pacific Rim and plans to release this 18-inch fully-articulated electronic beauty. The company released the prototype pic yesterday on it’s Twitter feed, but it looks like it has since been pulled. No word yet on a release date or price point.
MOVIE MASTERPIECE DIECAST WAR MACHINE - MARK II FROM HOT TOYS
While we don’t actually see this version of War Machine in action during Iron Man 3, it does serve as the basis for the much more colorful Iron Patriot. Hot Toys will give the Mark II the diecast 1/6 scale treatment complete with light-up function on the head and chest, 36 points of articulation, three pairs of interchangeable hands, a rotating machine gun on the shoulder, a special light-up figure stand and a Sideshow Exclusive: Holographic War Machine Mark I accessory. That’s some heavy metal. Rhodey’s alter ego will ship in February or you can preorder him here.
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET SERIES 4 FROM NECA
NECA has sent out some early pics of its upcoming wave of Nightmare on Elm Street 7-inch scale figures. This time around it looks like we will get a Robert Englund sans makeup along with a Power Glove Freddy from Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare. Look for both of these figures to start haunting toy aisles in August or you can preorder the pair here.
SDCC 2013 EXCLUSIVE STAR WARS BLACK BOBA FETT FROM HASBRO
Boba Fett will make an appearance this year at San Diego Comic Con. USAToday.com got the exclusive on the new 6-inch scale Star Wars bounty hunter set. He’ll come packaged with two guns, his jet pack and Han Solo frozen in carbonite. The special-edition set is priced at $44.99 and will be sold at the Hasbro booth at the San Diego Convention Center July 18-21. The first wave of Black Series figures will land in early to mid-August.
STAR TREK SELECT KIRK FROM DIAMOND SELECT TOYS
Last week we showed you packaged pics of Star Trek Select Spock. Now it’s Captain James T. Kirk’s turn. He comes with a part of the Engineering area of the U.S.S. Enterprise, and can be displayed in combat with Khan from the classic episode, “Space Seed.” Khan himself is part of the display base and not removable. Kirk comes with a second set of hands, a broken phaser and a control rod, as well as a second set of legs. He beams down in June or you can preorder him here.
And finally this week... "Red alert! Shields up! Lens flare!" KRE-O and Bad Robot teamed up to create a pretty fun promotional short for the new Star Trek building block line of toys.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 165 total posts 165 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 137 total posts 40 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 163 total posts 34 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 294 total posts 29 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 452 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 117 total posts 20 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 306 total posts 19 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 113 total posts 16 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 763 total posts 10 posts