Drafthouse Films picks up newest bit of crazy from Ben Wheatley!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. If you've seen Kill List, Sightseers and/or Down Terrace you know Ben Wheatley likes to make the kind of movies most film professors would label "Fucking Weird" so it seems like a marriage made in heaven that Drafthouse Films is distributing his latest fuckin' weird movie A FIELD IN ENGLAND.
How weird is this one? Well, it's a 17th century psychedelic trip set during the English Civil War. It involves captured soldiers, an alchemist, a mushroom field and "nightmarish forces."
The film stars The Mighty Boosh's Julian Barratt, Wheatley regular Michael Smiley, and League of Gentlemen's Reece Shearsmith.
Yep, this one sounds like fun. A theatrical and VOD release will happen sometime this year. Thoughts?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 414 total posts 414 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 175 total posts 175 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 266 total posts 145 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 161 total posts 102 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 168 total posts 54 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 355 total posts 39 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 381 total posts 30 posts
- The Trailer For Jason Bateman's BAD WORDS! -- 48 total posts 29 posts
- ‘That Seat Is Taken!!’ The Return Of AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ANARCHY, MOONSHINERS & INCOME Finales!! Galactic Pioneers On FUTURESCAPE!! New TROPHY, AWKWARD, STORAGE, NCIS, LOSER, VOICE, FIRE, TOSH!! Tom Hanks On KIMMEL!! Michelle Dockery On FALLON!! Lizzy Caplan On CHELSEA!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 87 total posts 27 posts