Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early screening of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
It's hard to believe that two of the earliest screenings I ever gave out seats for in Chicago were for the first IRON MAN in 2008 and the first J.J. Abrams-directed STAR TREK in 2009. But here we are, all these years later, having just given away a bunch of seats for IRON MAN 3 (with absolutely no no-shows) and now I'm giving away even more seats for STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS.
The film brings back the entire crew, assembled in the first film, and now on their first true adventure as a unified crew against the one-man terror threat played be the great Benedict Cumberbatch. I've got 50 seats for a Chicago advance screening of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS taking place Wednesday, May 15 at 9:00pm (note the late start time) at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners).
To win, send me an email at IntoDarknessChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Darkness Is Coming" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite episode of the original Star Trek television series, and why?" I need an episode title and a detailed reason for your choice. I'm attempting to separate the die-hard fans from the riff-raff. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email!
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 8:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Paramount Pictures for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 160 total posts 31 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 268 total posts 15 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 467 total posts 13 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 66 total posts 12 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 39 total posts 11 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 111 total posts 8 posts