Paul Greengrass And Tom Hanks Recreate A Real-Life High Seas Hijacking In New Trailer For CAPTAIN PHILLIPS!
Via The Guardian, we've got our first look at Paul Greengrass's latest, CAPTAIN PHILLIPS, which is based on the harrowing true story of a U.S. cargo vessel taken over by Somali pirates in 2009. The hero of the ordeal was Captain Richard Phillips, who was piloting his ship, the Maersk Alabama, off the coast of Somalia when it was boarded. This was the first successful hijacking of a ship sailing under a U.S. flag since the 19th century, and, ultimately, it did not go well for the pirates.
CAPTAIN PHILLLIPS hits theaters on October 11, 2013. Hanks's Vermont accent takes a little getting used to, but this could very well be another Best Actor nomination for the oft-awarded star.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 252 total posts 252 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 229 total posts 229 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 210 total posts 209 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 148 total posts 148 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 147 total posts 147 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 208 total posts 123 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 118 total posts 74 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 73 total posts 61 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 352 total posts 57 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 221 total posts 57 posts