AICN COMICS: Missed C2E2? No problem! Here are 2 panels to enjoy; “Digital First Comics: The New Trend” & “Comix Chix with Kate Kotler - LIVE”!
Hey folks, Ambush Bug here. Just in case you didn’t get to last weekend’s C2E2 (Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo) doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it. Thanks to Jamie Coville, we have panels to share with you guys all week! So check out the panels by clicking the titles below!
Digital First Comics: The New Trend (56:57, 52.1mb)
On the panel are John D. Roberts co-founder of Comixology, writer Mark Waid, artists Peter Krouse, James Tynnion IV, and Rilley Brown. They talk about the new trend which is comics appearing digitally first, be it for free or for sale, then in print if the creators want to. Waid talked about seeing the print costs of monthly comics while working at Boom! and deciding to sell his print collection and start up Thrillbent, his online comics website. He and the artists talk about doing comics in a landscape format and also using the web's technology to change how they tell stories. Particularly they mentioned horror comics can be done better as there are more chances to surprise people. John D. Roberts talked about Comixology's new indy/self publishers portal where people can submit their own comics to be published on Comixology. They showed a number of books that are already on available for purchase on their site now. Waid also announced that Thrillbent is starting a kids comic section on his site, with the comics being done by the Aw Yeah Comics group (Franco Aureliani, Art Baltazar, and Marc Hammond).
Comix Chix with Kate Kotler - LIVE (1:00:42, 55.5mb)
Moderated by Katie Kotler, on the panel was artist Amy Reader, Game Developer Jen Aprahamian, editor & blogger Heidi McDonald, blogger Jill Pantozzi, artist Jenny Frison, and actress & entrepreneur Ashley Eckstein. The group first talked about getting into comics and eventually the controversies involving women in comics particularly in fandom and the way women are portrayed in comics and games. A point hit on at the end was the lack information on the demographic of those purchasing their comics. Those within the comic industry mentioned that their editors have told them they don't know who is buying their comics today; they only know what sold well recently. The audience also asked questions as well.
Thanks, Jamie! Look for more panels from C2E2 tomorrow!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 158 total posts 134 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 487 total posts 97 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 197 total posts 93 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 650 total posts 48 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 82 total posts 36 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 97 total posts 33 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 26 total posts 25 posts
- Stern's TALENT!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR & PAINS!! WIFE SWAP & DEGRASSI Finales!! Chris Pratt & Judy Greer On LETTERMAN!! Maggie Gyllenhaal & Lee Pace On SETH!! Jamie Chung On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 164 total posts 19 posts