AICN COMICS: Missed C2E2? No problem! Here are 2 panels to enjoy; “Digital First Comics: The New Trend” & “Comix Chix with Kate Kotler - LIVE”!
Hey folks, Ambush Bug here. Just in case you didn’t get to last weekend’s C2E2 (Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo) doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it. Thanks to Jamie Coville, we have panels to share with you guys all week! So check out the panels by clicking the titles below!
Digital First Comics: The New Trend (56:57, 52.1mb)
On the panel are John D. Roberts co-founder of Comixology, writer Mark Waid, artists Peter Krouse, James Tynnion IV, and Rilley Brown. They talk about the new trend which is comics appearing digitally first, be it for free or for sale, then in print if the creators want to. Waid talked about seeing the print costs of monthly comics while working at Boom! and deciding to sell his print collection and start up Thrillbent, his online comics website. He and the artists talk about doing comics in a landscape format and also using the web's technology to change how they tell stories. Particularly they mentioned horror comics can be done better as there are more chances to surprise people. John D. Roberts talked about Comixology's new indy/self publishers portal where people can submit their own comics to be published on Comixology. They showed a number of books that are already on available for purchase on their site now. Waid also announced that Thrillbent is starting a kids comic section on his site, with the comics being done by the Aw Yeah Comics group (Franco Aureliani, Art Baltazar, and Marc Hammond).
Comix Chix with Kate Kotler - LIVE (1:00:42, 55.5mb)
Moderated by Katie Kotler, on the panel was artist Amy Reader, Game Developer Jen Aprahamian, editor & blogger Heidi McDonald, blogger Jill Pantozzi, artist Jenny Frison, and actress & entrepreneur Ashley Eckstein. The group first talked about getting into comics and eventually the controversies involving women in comics particularly in fandom and the way women are portrayed in comics and games. A point hit on at the end was the lack information on the demographic of those purchasing their comics. Those within the comic industry mentioned that their editors have told them they don't know who is buying their comics today; they only know what sold well recently. The audience also asked questions as well.
Thanks, Jamie! Look for more panels from C2E2 tomorrow!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 608 total posts 67 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 31 total posts 26 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 41 total posts 14 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 59 total posts 14 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 56 total posts 13 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 45 total posts 10 posts
- Rinko Kikuchi looks for the buried loot from FARGO in KUMIKO, THE TREASURE HUNTER (based on a true story)! -- 21 total posts 8 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 11 total posts 7 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 279 total posts 4 posts
- SNL Christmas!! Titties And Dragons On SOUTH PARK!! Tyson Entrée On Antepenultimate SURVIVOR!! HOARDING Finale!! New BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, MODERN, MIDDLE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 35 total posts 4 posts