The Angriest Prequel STAR WARS fan civilly speaks about the future of STAR WARS with JJ Abrams!
Hey folks, Harry here and I love this new age of STAR WARS chat. The release of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS is kind of the official start bell on STAR WARS EPISODE VII, very realistically... a new hope for many embittered fans. When I talk in the headline for this article about the Angriest Prequel STAR WARS fan, I'm talking about Simon Pegg. SKY had Simon sit down and have a way too brief discussion about STAR WARS - and before you watch that - watch this:
That's a very passionate and compelling Simon Pegg. Simon is that kind of fan. He loves this stuff, not in a dispassionate convenient manner, but in the silly way that makes you appear off your rocker to the straights of the world. And he doesn't care. Because, he's a geek. I can imagine that on this world wide publicity tour for STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, Simon has had more than a few conversations with JJ about Episode VII - but does Simon actually believe that anything will bring back his boxes of original merch that he torched out of his seething hatred of THE PHANTOM MENACE... You can see that moment at the halfway point of this compilation of STAR WARS moments from the greatest television show in the history of the medium, SPACED.
Yet in this next video - we see a Simon Pegg that has seemed to let go of his anger and hate. But not completely. Watch when he talks about JJ understanding Star Wars the way a real fan does - you can see the hurt that still marks his soul. Here, it's like all the years in therapy have finally allowed Simon to not slip in a jab at the Prequels... instead, he's moving past bitterness... He has a new hope...
So - what'd y'all think of that discussion? This is all so very surreal...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 332 total posts 267 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 236 total posts 236 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 163 total posts 102 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 450 total posts 94 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 296 total posts 67 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 49 total posts 49 posts