Robert Downey Jr. Wishes On A Star, Gets Ben Stiller To Direct PINOCCHIO!
For some reason, Robert Downey Jr. is hot to make a PINOCCHIO movie. He actually pitched the idea to Warner Bros a while back, and got Tim Burton attached to direct. The screenplay, originally written by Bryan Fuller and reworked by Jane Goldman, apparently sticks close to the original intent of Carlo Collodi's tale, with Downey envisioning Geppetto as a cross between Chico Marx and Jake LaMotta (and we all know how much kids love Jake LaMotta). It sounds... interesting?
In any event, development hit a snag when Burton was forced to drop out recently. During the IRON MAN 3 press junket, Downey suggested Ben Stiller might be a decent replacement. What seemed like idle chatter a week ago is now, according to Deadline, actually happening. Ben Stiller is in talks to direct Robert Downey Jr. in PINOCCHIO!
There have been several live-action versions of PINOCCHIO over the years, and almost all of them are completely fucked up (Roberto Benigni's film verges on child abuse). Downey and Stiller aren't the most well-adjusted fellows, so I'm curious to see what they do to this enduring story of a marionette who wants to be a real boy. Personally, I hope they incorporate elements from the finest take on this enchanting material, THE EROTIC ADVENTURES OF PINOCCHIO, starring Dyanne Thorne. As the poster proclaimed, "It's not his nose that grows..."
This video is NSFW.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 232 total posts 232 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 355 total posts 128 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 115 total posts 115 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 284 total posts 100 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 116 total posts 63 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 29 total posts 29 posts