‘What Do You See??’
Hercules Loves Tonight’s
Easily Its Best Episode Yet!!
Hannibal 1.6 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Bryan Fuller and newcomer Kai Yu Wu.
What says NBC?
“Jack (Laurence Fishburne) & Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) are contacted by a former colleague, Dr. Chilton, (Raul Esparza) who believes he has The Chesapeake Ripper in custody, but then one of his patients commits a murder that matches The Ripper's profile. The team determines the Ripper was a surgeon and is still at large when Jack's former protégé Miriam (Anna Chlumsky) becomes the next victim. Jack copes with her loss and the prospect of losing his wife by opening-up to Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen). Lara Jean Chorostecki, Eddie Izzard guest.”
The big news?
This is the series’ tribute to “Silence of the Lambs.” The Izzard character, Dr. Abel Gideon, is destined to remind fans more of the movies’ Hannibal Lecter than Mikkelsen. And the Anna Chlumsky character, the ponytailed Dr. Miriam Lass, will inevitably evoke Jodie Foster’s Clarice Starling.
What else is NBC not telling us?
The real Hannibal barely appears in the episode until its final 10 minutes. And we learn a few things about Chilton that could surprise and delight fans of the Lecter movies.
How does it start?
At the iconic Baltimore State Hospital For The Criminally Insane. Gideon is face down on the floor of Lecter’s future home.
Eddie Izzard as Dr. Gideon. Raul Esparza as Frederick Chilton. Anna Chlumsky as Miriam Regina Lass. Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford. Caroline Dhavernas as Alana Bloom. Lara Jean Chorostecki as Freddie Lounds. Mads Mikkelson as Hannibal Lecter. Gideon’s gruesome and disturbing methods and handiwork. The blind woman’s heartbreaking escape attempt. Lounds’ sitdown with Jack, Alana and Will. Lecter’s reaction to Lounds’ story. Lecter comparing Chilton to a flamingo. The socks. “Not today.” “Maybe a special visit.” “Or intelligence.” “You have a peculiar cleverness.” “Please, Jack. Please.” “You know how stressful the holidays can get.” “Unless it’s not an option.” “And now somebody’s sleeping in my bed.” “Your tongue is very feisty.” “I believe the world’s a better place with her in it.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
The week we’ll have to wait to see what happens next Thursday.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Lecter sips from his snifter and smiles.
10 p.m. Thursday. NBC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 248 total posts 112 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 247 total posts 32 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 95 total posts 17 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 52 total posts 14 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 309 total posts 8 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 95 total posts 7 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 9 total posts 6 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 37 total posts 6 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 5 total posts 5 posts