‘What Do You See??’
Hercules Loves Tonight’s
Easily Its Best Episode Yet!!
Hannibal 1.6 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Bryan Fuller and newcomer Kai Yu Wu.
What says NBC?
“Jack (Laurence Fishburne) & Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) are contacted by a former colleague, Dr. Chilton, (Raul Esparza) who believes he has The Chesapeake Ripper in custody, but then one of his patients commits a murder that matches The Ripper's profile. The team determines the Ripper was a surgeon and is still at large when Jack's former protégé Miriam (Anna Chlumsky) becomes the next victim. Jack copes with her loss and the prospect of losing his wife by opening-up to Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen). Lara Jean Chorostecki, Eddie Izzard guest.”
The big news?
This is the series’ tribute to “Silence of the Lambs.” The Izzard character, Dr. Abel Gideon, is destined to remind fans more of the movies’ Hannibal Lecter than Mikkelsen. And the Anna Chlumsky character, the ponytailed Dr. Miriam Lass, will inevitably evoke Jodie Foster’s Clarice Starling.
What else is NBC not telling us?
The real Hannibal barely appears in the episode until its final 10 minutes. And we learn a few things about Chilton that could surprise and delight fans of the Lecter movies.
How does it start?
At the iconic Baltimore State Hospital For The Criminally Insane. Gideon is face down on the floor of Lecter’s future home.
Eddie Izzard as Dr. Gideon. Raul Esparza as Frederick Chilton. Anna Chlumsky as Miriam Regina Lass. Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford. Caroline Dhavernas as Alana Bloom. Lara Jean Chorostecki as Freddie Lounds. Mads Mikkelson as Hannibal Lecter. Gideon’s gruesome and disturbing methods and handiwork. The blind woman’s heartbreaking escape attempt. Lounds’ sitdown with Jack, Alana and Will. Lecter’s reaction to Lounds’ story. Lecter comparing Chilton to a flamingo. The socks. “Not today.” “Maybe a special visit.” “Or intelligence.” “You have a peculiar cleverness.” “Please, Jack. Please.” “You know how stressful the holidays can get.” “Unless it’s not an option.” “And now somebody’s sleeping in my bed.” “Your tongue is very feisty.” “I believe the world’s a better place with her in it.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
The week we’ll have to wait to see what happens next Thursday.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Lecter sips from his snifter and smiles.
10 p.m. Thursday. NBC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 284 total posts 56 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 233 total posts 48 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 91 total posts 38 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 281 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 34 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts