‘What Do You See??’
Hercules Loves Tonight’s
Easily Its Best Episode Yet!!
Hannibal 1.6 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Bryan Fuller and newcomer Kai Yu Wu.
What says NBC?
“Jack (Laurence Fishburne) & Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) are contacted by a former colleague, Dr. Chilton, (Raul Esparza) who believes he has The Chesapeake Ripper in custody, but then one of his patients commits a murder that matches The Ripper's profile. The team determines the Ripper was a surgeon and is still at large when Jack's former protégé Miriam (Anna Chlumsky) becomes the next victim. Jack copes with her loss and the prospect of losing his wife by opening-up to Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen). Lara Jean Chorostecki, Eddie Izzard guest.”
The big news?
This is the series’ tribute to “Silence of the Lambs.” The Izzard character, Dr. Abel Gideon, is destined to remind fans more of the movies’ Hannibal Lecter than Mikkelsen. And the Anna Chlumsky character, the ponytailed Dr. Miriam Lass, will inevitably evoke Jodie Foster’s Clarice Starling.
What else is NBC not telling us?
The real Hannibal barely appears in the episode until its final 10 minutes. And we learn a few things about Chilton that could surprise and delight fans of the Lecter movies.
How does it start?
At the iconic Baltimore State Hospital For The Criminally Insane. Gideon is face down on the floor of Lecter’s future home.
Eddie Izzard as Dr. Gideon. Raul Esparza as Frederick Chilton. Anna Chlumsky as Miriam Regina Lass. Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford. Caroline Dhavernas as Alana Bloom. Lara Jean Chorostecki as Freddie Lounds. Mads Mikkelson as Hannibal Lecter. Gideon’s gruesome and disturbing methods and handiwork. The blind woman’s heartbreaking escape attempt. Lounds’ sitdown with Jack, Alana and Will. Lecter’s reaction to Lounds’ story. Lecter comparing Chilton to a flamingo. The socks. “Not today.” “Maybe a special visit.” “Or intelligence.” “You have a peculiar cleverness.” “Please, Jack. Please.” “You know how stressful the holidays can get.” “Unless it’s not an option.” “And now somebody’s sleeping in my bed.” “Your tongue is very feisty.” “I believe the world’s a better place with her in it.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
The week we’ll have to wait to see what happens next Thursday.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Lecter sips from his snifter and smiles.
10 p.m. Thursday. NBC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 391 total posts 381 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 180 total posts 74 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 273 total posts 51 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 92 total posts 40 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 92 total posts 33 posts