‘What Do You See??’
Hercules Loves Tonight’s
Easily Its Best Episode Yet!!
Hannibal 1.6 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Bryan Fuller and newcomer Kai Yu Wu.
What says NBC?
“Jack (Laurence Fishburne) & Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) are contacted by a former colleague, Dr. Chilton, (Raul Esparza) who believes he has The Chesapeake Ripper in custody, but then one of his patients commits a murder that matches The Ripper's profile. The team determines the Ripper was a surgeon and is still at large when Jack's former protégé Miriam (Anna Chlumsky) becomes the next victim. Jack copes with her loss and the prospect of losing his wife by opening-up to Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen). Lara Jean Chorostecki, Eddie Izzard guest.”
The big news?
This is the series’ tribute to “Silence of the Lambs.” The Izzard character, Dr. Abel Gideon, is destined to remind fans more of the movies’ Hannibal Lecter than Mikkelsen. And the Anna Chlumsky character, the ponytailed Dr. Miriam Lass, will inevitably evoke Jodie Foster’s Clarice Starling.
What else is NBC not telling us?
The real Hannibal barely appears in the episode until its final 10 minutes. And we learn a few things about Chilton that could surprise and delight fans of the Lecter movies.
How does it start?
At the iconic Baltimore State Hospital For The Criminally Insane. Gideon is face down on the floor of Lecter’s future home.
Eddie Izzard as Dr. Gideon. Raul Esparza as Frederick Chilton. Anna Chlumsky as Miriam Regina Lass. Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford. Caroline Dhavernas as Alana Bloom. Lara Jean Chorostecki as Freddie Lounds. Mads Mikkelson as Hannibal Lecter. Gideon’s gruesome and disturbing methods and handiwork. The blind woman’s heartbreaking escape attempt. Lounds’ sitdown with Jack, Alana and Will. Lecter’s reaction to Lounds’ story. Lecter comparing Chilton to a flamingo. The socks. “Not today.” “Maybe a special visit.” “Or intelligence.” “You have a peculiar cleverness.” “Please, Jack. Please.” “You know how stressful the holidays can get.” “Unless it’s not an option.” “And now somebody’s sleeping in my bed.” “Your tongue is very feisty.” “I believe the world’s a better place with her in it.” So much more.
What’s not so great?
The week we’ll have to wait to see what happens next Thursday.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Lecter sips from his snifter and smiles.
10 p.m. Thursday. NBC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 590 total posts 139 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 456 total posts 136 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 738 total posts 73 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- Our First Katniss-centric Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1!! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 169 total posts 27 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 132 total posts 25 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 23 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Infinity Summons Loki, Green Goblln, And Ronan the Accuser!! -- 23 total posts 23 posts