So This Might Be The Plot For JUSTICE LEAGUE...
So what's going on with JUSTICE LEAGUE? Since Will Beall's script got tossed away we haven't heard much about plot except that Warner Brothers and DC have high ambitions for the movie, which is still scheduled for 2015. They have quite a bit of catching up to do if they hope to get to where Marvel Studios is, and while I admire DC for giving it their best shot, what Marvel built over the past few years will be difficult to top. The Marvel Cinematic Universe was carefully orchestrated, and JUSTICE LEAGUE feels like they're trying to do too much too soon. But MAN OF STEEL definitely seems like a right step, and it's still one of my most anticipated movies of the summer.
Live For Films claims that this synopsis from a "Good Samaritan" just might be the plot for the new film, but I am highly skeptical. For one thing, this reads like giddy fan fiction, and not a movie. It's also really big in scale and seems to throw everything in the DC Universe in one movie. This definitely feels like the opposite way that Marvel went, if this is accurate, which feels unlikely. This was an email sent in by a reader, who says that the screenplay is now being written by "a pair of up and coming screenwriters and lifelong DC comics fans who’s names are currently remaining unannounced." Yeah, okay. This will be marked spoiler in case this turns out to be true, but I suspect it's an overeager fan or two trying to make waves.
I can unofficially confirm that the movie WILL use Henry Cavill’s Superman, as well as an already established Batman (who has been left open enough to use Nolan’s John Blake if the situation were to arise *wink wink*), and will follow the two as they try to piece together the Justice League when a new threat shows up with Earth conquest on his mind.
Following the events of “Man of Steel,” NASA and Lex Luthor begin sending signals out into space to attract other alien beings which reach Apokolips, prompting an invasion of “Hunger Dogs” sent by Darkseid and lead by Kalibak, Orion, and the Female Furies.
Superman and Batman, knowing they won’t be able to fight them alone, recruit the help of Green Lantern, (who’s left open to be either Ryan Reynold’s Hal Jordan or John Stewart, either way they’ll be using the already established Green Lantern corps from the Martin Campbell film), J’onn J’onzz the Martian Manhunter(who is confirmed as not being CGI), who comes to protect Earth after escaping from a prison on Apokolips because he knows the next planet on Darkseid’s mind will be Mars once he conquers Earth, the Barry Allen incarnation of the Flashwho will gain his powers in the first 1/3rd of the film, and Princess Diana of Themyscira, who is ready to leave Themyscira and refuses to continue standing by and not use her ability to help the Justice League when she finds out the world is in crisis.
This isn’t campy lasso using, invisible plane driving, star spangled banner Linda Carter Wonder Woman either, she’s got super strength and truly kicks ass.
As I don’t want to give away too much information, I’ll leave it as that but the movie will absolutely blow your mind, it’s filled with cameos of lesser known heroes and villains (like Lobo and the baddies Mongrul and Sinestro to name a few!) to establish them for the sequel, all while maintaining a consistent “grounded in reality” but not TOO realistic approach that fans like so much today.
The heroes save the day, and the army of “Hunger Dogs” retreat back to Apokolips, where a furious Darkseid punishes Kalibak while Orion begins to question his loyalty to his father. Darkseid then goes to the furthest depths of Apokolips to release a prisoner known only as “Doomsday” and sets the movie up immediately for a sequel following a quick glimpse of the baddest villain in the DC universe. Prepare to be rocked is all I have to say.
This doesn't pass the BS detector at all. Personally, I think that if DC and Warner Brothers moved a bit slower (perhaps a Superman/Batman team-up movie done right), they could potentially have something. This doesn't read like that something. But I could be wrong.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 132 total posts 132 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 525 total posts 55 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 471 total posts 44 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 232 total posts 23 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Day of the Doctor'!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 38 total posts 8 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Idris Elba On THE DAILY SHOW!! Ian McKellen On LETTERMAN!! Amy Adams On FALLON!! New RICK & MORTY, ALMOST HUMAN, CRYO, BROKE, MET, MOLLY, MOM, HOSTAGES, VOICE, MNF & RAW!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts