The sun'll come out tomorrow for Jamie Foxx!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Will Smith/Jay Z Annie reimagining his moving forward full steam ahead. Per THR Jamie Foxx has begun negotiations to star as Quvenzhane Wallis' Daddy Warbucks... well, they're not calling him Daddy Warbucks anymore, apparently. Foxx'd be playing Benjamin Stacks (get it?), the rich dude who takes in the spunky orphan girl.
Easy A's Will Gluck will be directing from a script by Aline Brosh McKenna and Emma Thompson.
Gotta say, Foxx in this role is pretty great. We know he's got the acting chops, the comedic chops and can hit the emotional notes the role needs to hit. Plus, longtime fans of his will remember he can sing as well.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 112 total posts 8 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 31 total posts 7 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 108 total posts 2 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 146 total posts 1 post
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 64 total posts 1 post
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 603 total posts 1 post
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 2 total posts 1 post
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 65 total posts 1 post
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 391 total posts 1 post