The sun'll come out tomorrow for Jamie Foxx!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Will Smith/Jay Z Annie reimagining his moving forward full steam ahead. Per THR Jamie Foxx has begun negotiations to star as Quvenzhane Wallis' Daddy Warbucks... well, they're not calling him Daddy Warbucks anymore, apparently. Foxx'd be playing Benjamin Stacks (get it?), the rich dude who takes in the spunky orphan girl.
Easy A's Will Gluck will be directing from a script by Aline Brosh McKenna and Emma Thompson.
Gotta say, Foxx in this role is pretty great. We know he's got the acting chops, the comedic chops and can hit the emotional notes the role needs to hit. Plus, longtime fans of his will remember he can sing as well.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 249 total posts 169 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 108 total posts 108 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 658 total posts 101 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 82 total posts 82 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 150 total posts 79 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 135 total posts 61 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘That Seat Is Taken!!’ The Return Of AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ANARCHY, MOONSHINERS & INCOME Finales!! Galactic Pioneers On FUTURESCAPE!! New TROPHY, AWKWARD, STORAGE, NCIS, LOSER, VOICE, FIRE, TOSH!! Tom Hanks On KIMMEL!! Michelle Dockery On FALLON!! Lizzy Caplan On CHELSEA!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 72 total posts 31 posts