The sun'll come out tomorrow for Jamie Foxx!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Will Smith/Jay Z Annie reimagining his moving forward full steam ahead. Per THR Jamie Foxx has begun negotiations to star as Quvenzhane Wallis' Daddy Warbucks... well, they're not calling him Daddy Warbucks anymore, apparently. Foxx'd be playing Benjamin Stacks (get it?), the rich dude who takes in the spunky orphan girl.
Easy A's Will Gluck will be directing from a script by Aline Brosh McKenna and Emma Thompson.
Gotta say, Foxx in this role is pretty great. We know he's got the acting chops, the comedic chops and can hit the emotional notes the role needs to hit. Plus, longtime fans of his will remember he can sing as well.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 419 total posts 82 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 167 total posts 37 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 65 total posts 36 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 41 total posts 32 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 60 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts