Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early screening of THE KINGS OF SUMMER with cast Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
We've got something a little different for you this time around in terms of ticket giveaways. As the summer movie season begins to rev up its engines, I ask that in all the explosions, fast cars, superheroes and monsters that you remember the little guy as well. Whenever I hear someone say that a particular year has been a disappointing one at the movies, I always assume that they just aren't looking in the right places. You know I'm as much a proponent of the art-hour fare as I am the big-budget Hollywood giants. But there's nothing I like more than the smaller, but no less powerful (often more so) of the indies that might occupy a single screen at a multiplex or make their way into an art-house cinema. I realize some of you don't have the same access to such smaller gems, but if you do, try to check them out.
With that in mind, please allow me to introduce you to THE KINGS OF SUMMER, a film that made quite a splash at Sundance earlier this year and has appeared at several festivals since, including the recent Chicago Critics Film Festival. It's a film about teenagers, but it's by no means a kids film. In fact, it concerns three friends (Nick Robinson, Gabriel Basso, and Moises Arias), who decide to spend their summer building a house in the woods and living off the land. The film also has great appearances from Nick Offerman, Alison Brie, Kumail Nanjiani, and Megan Mullally. It opens on May 31, but I'd like you to see it sooner. Here are the details of the screening and a few guests showing up after it…
I've got a limited number of seats for a Chicago advance screening of THE KINGS OF SUMMER taking place thisWednesday, May 1 at 7:30pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners).
As an added bonus, lead actors Nick Robinson ("Melissa & Joey," "Boardwalk Empire"), Gabriel Basso (SUPER 8, "The Big C"), and Moises Arias (NACHO LIBRE) will be on hand for a post-screening Q&A.
To win, send me an email at KingsChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Kings Rule!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What's your favorite film featuring younger people in the lead role(s), and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so keep checking your email! And if you give me STAND BY ME as your answer, you aren't trying hard enough.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guests. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the CBS Films for giving us this very cool screening and bringing these great guests to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 109 total posts 84 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 82 total posts 38 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 551 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 162 total posts 19 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 171 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 99 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 187 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 206 total posts 3 posts