Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early screening of THE KINGS OF SUMMER with cast Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
We've got something a little different for you this time around in terms of ticket giveaways. As the summer movie season begins to rev up its engines, I ask that in all the explosions, fast cars, superheroes and monsters that you remember the little guy as well. Whenever I hear someone say that a particular year has been a disappointing one at the movies, I always assume that they just aren't looking in the right places. You know I'm as much a proponent of the art-hour fare as I am the big-budget Hollywood giants. But there's nothing I like more than the smaller, but no less powerful (often more so) of the indies that might occupy a single screen at a multiplex or make their way into an art-house cinema. I realize some of you don't have the same access to such smaller gems, but if you do, try to check them out.
With that in mind, please allow me to introduce you to THE KINGS OF SUMMER, a film that made quite a splash at Sundance earlier this year and has appeared at several festivals since, including the recent Chicago Critics Film Festival. It's a film about teenagers, but it's by no means a kids film. In fact, it concerns three friends (Nick Robinson, Gabriel Basso, and Moises Arias), who decide to spend their summer building a house in the woods and living off the land. The film also has great appearances from Nick Offerman, Alison Brie, Kumail Nanjiani, and Megan Mullally. It opens on May 31, but I'd like you to see it sooner. Here are the details of the screening and a few guests showing up after it…
I've got a limited number of seats for a Chicago advance screening of THE KINGS OF SUMMER taking place thisWednesday, May 1 at 7:30pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners).
As an added bonus, lead actors Nick Robinson ("Melissa & Joey," "Boardwalk Empire"), Gabriel Basso (SUPER 8, "The Big C"), and Moises Arias (NACHO LIBRE) will be on hand for a post-screening Q&A.
To win, send me an email at KingsChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Kings Rule!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What's your favorite film featuring younger people in the lead role(s), and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so keep checking your email! And if you give me STAND BY ME as your answer, you aren't trying hard enough.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guests. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the CBS Films for giving us this very cool screening and bringing these great guests to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 524 total posts 524 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 202 total posts 202 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 690 total posts 149 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 111 total posts 84 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 89 total posts 46 posts