John Ary's Video Review Of IRON MAN 3!!
John Ary here with a look at Tony Stark's latest cinematic adventure... Iron Man 3 has 5 really good action scenes with some decent detective mystery beats to fill in the rest of the movie.
It delivers on just about every promise the trailers make to you: lots of Iron Man suits, explosions, a menacing bad guy and Robert Downey Jr. saying funny things. Marvel played it safe with this one, never letting Tony stray too far into dark territory, even as he battles with anxiety attacks and post-traumatic stress syndrome.
I was a bit disappointed that his new found weakness, derived from the great Chitauri battle of New York, never really played into the action or the story, outside of some tension with Pepper. Here are my thoughts directly after seeing it...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 264 total posts 36 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 73 total posts 20 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 265 total posts 18 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 202 total posts 17 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 280 total posts 5 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 12 total posts 3 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 236 total posts 3 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 30 total posts 3 posts