Is UNIVERSAL STUDIOS going from Booze to Sparkling Water'
Hey folks, Harry here. Today I've been getting heads ups all over the place that UNIVERSAL was going to be sold any day now. Now Edgar Bronfman Jr has been saying that the studio is not up for sale... but just about every trade paper in the business has been speculating on just about everyone being a possible purchaser. Will UNIVERSAL go from being Booze Owned to All-Natural Water Owned? Well... as all rumors about mergers and acquisitions go.... We'll see... Eventually UNIVERSAL will be owned by someone other than Seagrams... that's pretty much certain. Here's the latest sounds coming down the rail from Junior Mintz....
Junior Mintz here with the hot rumor that Seagrams will be selling Universal Studios lock, stock and theme parks to a French water company! I don't know if the company was Perrier or Evian, but my sources are "reliable". Word is the deal will be announced later this week, maybe as early as tomorrow. More on these damp doings as they develop.
INSIDE.COM has just announced that a deal is in the air between Vivendi and Seagrams... thus acquiring UNIVERSAL in the process. Alright... so it isn't a 'bottled water' company... it's a WATER UTILITY COMPANY.... Junior was on the trail.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 14, 2000, 12:04 a.m. CST
WTF?? I sooo don't like this bit of news. What does this do for daily operations? Can someone just come in and clean out jobs? What does this do for their prodo slate? Can someone come and reverse green lights...and if so is the president of Uni in trouble??
June 14, 2000, 12:23 a.m. CST
"'scompletely falshe, we're never giving up Sheagram's *hic*, I mean, us and them, we's together forever, buddies do that. Ish not like you gots bad informashun... okay, you do. Not yer fault, mister, no need to get mad, here, sit down. I love you..." At this point the CEO and several accountants started a singalong of "Horse With No Name", which eventually degenerated into an argument over what a good name for the horse would be. A fight ensued. Seagram's had no comment, as it had passed out in the corner.
June 14, 2000, 3:58 a.m. CST
by Toby O Notoby
Now THATS funny. You got a great future in talkback, kid, great future...
June 14, 2000, 7:34 a.m. CST
...is green-light the "Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming" project that Richard Hatch has been pushing. That trailer was fantastic, and a movie would be even more so. If they can make cartoon crap like "Mystery Men", "Viva Rock Vegas" (yes, Harry, it WAS crap!), and "Rocky & Bullwinkle", they can give the fans of Galactica what they have been waiting for these last 20+ years. The time is now, Universal! Take advantage of it!
June 14, 2000, 12:02 p.m. CST
It's true, the going price for Seagram's and its affiliates is a whopping 37 billion bucks. Mind you, this is just an offer, nothing official yet, but you can check out press stuff at www.cnnfn.com.
June 14, 2000, 12:06 p.m. CST
June 14, 2000, 1:05 p.m. CST
According to this Washington Post article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57332-2000Jun14.html), Seagram is actually in talks to Buy/Merge With Vivendi. Apparently, it's all part of Seagram's continued transformation into a media giant -- Vivendi owns "European Pay-TV and Internet assets"... -Dan
June 14, 2000, 4:51 p.m. CST
Been waiting for a Galactica update for years! They most definitely should do this! Have you seen Larsons new version? Absoulute crap! Hatch has to have his way in this. VIVA GALACTICA!!
June 14, 2000, 5:01 p.m. CST
The important question is where do those nice little frogs stand on the Frankenstein CGI movie, the Hulk, and the numerous other properties that the current-and-soon-to-be-former suits at the Universal Wine Cooler Company have shelved... CBAM! And don't let the door hit you in the patootie on the way out. Props to Sorcerer. You rule.
June 14, 2000, 11:49 p.m. CST
by Baked Spam
man if this deal goes through id love to see Trey Parker and Matt Stone make another propaganda film for Universal like they did when it was bought out by seagrums. Man that first film was so funny. just seeing speilberg as a guide on the tram tour talking about how scary his jaws attraction is. classic comedy. and the subtitles for when stallone was talking, ha that was great.
June 16, 2000, 1:16 p.m. CST
The last time we bought a Hollywood major was that disastrous Credit Lyonnais/MGM deal. I hope we'll be luckier this time!
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 453 total posts 172 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 324 total posts 78 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 251 total posts 31 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 213 total posts 23 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 587 total posts 21 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 128 total posts 13 posts