Johnny Depp going INTO THE WOODS with Rob Marshall!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Johnny Depp's set to go into familiar territory once more... He'll be joining up with Rob Marshall's adaptation of James Lapine's Broadway play. That's right, he'll be singing again (which is good, I think Sweeney Todd is way underrated) and working with his On Stranger Tides director (which was NOT way underrated.)
But I really liked Chicago, so I'm willing to give Marshall another shot, especially when it involves singing, witches and fairy tale characters. If you don't know about Into the Woods, it's about a cursed baker who really wants a kid and ventures into the deep dark woods to find the witch that put the infertile curse on his family. On the way they meet up with fairy tale characters.
Per The Hollywood Reporter Lapine is writing the script based on his book and play and Marshall's go to musical collaborator David Krane is working at bringing the music over from stage to film.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 250 total posts 151 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 371 total posts 126 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 226 total posts 88 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 240 total posts 79 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 90 total posts 56 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 175 total posts 52 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 57 total posts 43 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 381 total posts 25 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 63 total posts 25 posts