Johnny Depp going INTO THE WOODS with Rob Marshall!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Johnny Depp's set to go into familiar territory once more... He'll be joining up with Rob Marshall's adaptation of James Lapine's Broadway play. That's right, he'll be singing again (which is good, I think Sweeney Todd is way underrated) and working with his On Stranger Tides director (which was NOT way underrated.)
But I really liked Chicago, so I'm willing to give Marshall another shot, especially when it involves singing, witches and fairy tale characters. If you don't know about Into the Woods, it's about a cursed baker who really wants a kid and ventures into the deep dark woods to find the witch that put the infertile curse on his family. On the way they meet up with fairy tale characters.
Per The Hollywood Reporter Lapine is writing the script based on his book and play and Marshall's go to musical collaborator David Krane is working at bringing the music over from stage to film.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 269 total posts 13 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 56 total posts 10 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 145 total posts 9 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 135 total posts 9 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 155 total posts 8 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 35 total posts 7 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 100 total posts 5 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 293 total posts 4 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 686 total posts 3 posts