AICN Toys: Iron Man XXX, Spock, Nick Fury, Thundercats Minimates, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few toy lines that are making news this week... As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the preorder links...
IRON MAN XXXV RED SNAPPER FROM HOT TOYS
One of the many, many armors from Iron Man 3 will soon get the 1/6 scale treatment. The Mark 35 armor or Red Snapper has been included in Hot Toys' Power Pose line of toys. This emergency rescue suit stands more than 12 inches tall, features 15 points of articulation, has extended arms and movable claw-like hands, LEDs on the eyes, chest and hands, and a figure stand. Also, you can swap the head and arms with some of the other Iron Man figures in the Hot Toys line. It will begin to ship in the 4th quarter of this year or you can preorder it here.
MAN OF STEEL MOVIE MASTERS 2 FROM MATTEL
Friend to AICN Toys stewmurray47 sent us some new pics of the second wave of Mattel’s Movie Masters line of Man of Steel figures. The 6-inch scale series will include Superman with a key to the Fortress of Solitude, Armored General Zod with a removable helmet and his second-in-command Faora. Series one featuring Superman, Zod and Jor-El will release in June, but there hasn’t been an official release date set for the second wave. If you want to know more about this wave of toys and see more pics, check out this video from Stew. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE.
THE HOBBIT WAVE 2 FROM THE BRIDGE DIRECT
Looks like we're going to get a second wave of toys to coincide with the release of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. Here's a breakdown: 3.75-INCH SCALE ACTION FIGURES ($7.99 each)
- New assortment includes Radagast, Thranduil, Azog, Beorn and Gandalf
- Each figure features 12 points of articulation and replicates the authentic facial features, clothing, weapons and accessories of the character in painstaking detail.
3.75-INCH SCALE ACTION FIGURE BOX SETS ($29.99 each)
- Mirkwood Pack: Legolas, Tauriel, Thranduil, Fili and Kili
- Thorin Oakenshield Adventure Pack: Nori, Ori, Dori, Gloin and Thorin
- Bilbo Baggins Burglar Pack: Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Oin and Exclusive 3.75″ Invisible Bilbo
6-INCH SCALE COLLECTOR FIGURES ($14.99 each)
- New assortment includes Radagast, Azog and Legolas
- Each collector figure features intricate details replicating the character’s facial features, clothing, weapons and accessories.
All of these toys should release on October 15. Before that though, expect to see another Hobbit-themed San Diego Comic Con exclusive from the company.
STAR TREK SELECT SPOCK FROM DIAMOND SELECT TOYS
Diamond Select has recently made a few changes to its Star Trek action figure line. The company has decided to focus more on display than articulation. Take for instance the upcoming Spock, complete with interchangeable legs for standing and squatting. It comes with a diorama cave backdrop and the Horta alien from the classic TOS episode “The Devil in the Dark.” He also features two different head sculpts, interchangeable hands and a tricorder. He will beam down in June or you can preorder him here.
MARVEL UNIVERSE NICK FURY FROM HASBRO
Hasbro Toy Shop has put up for sale a 3.75-inch Marvel Universe version of Nick Fury for the low price of $14.99. The figure had previously been released as a Marvel Comics Digital Subscription exclusive with packaged prices on eBay currently fetching between $70 and $105. This news comes days after the much sought after Marvel Universe versions of Archangel and Victor Von Doom appeared on the Hasbro Toy Shop website. Those figures have since sold out at the time of this writing Fury is still in stock.
THUNDERCATS HO! MINIMATES FROM ICON HEROES
In 1985, the producers of ThunderCats kicked off the second season with a 5-part miniseries that introduced several new characters including Bengali, Lynx-O, Pumyra, Ratar-O, and Ro-Bear Bert. These characters will now make up a new wave of Minimates from Icon Heroes and Art Asylum. Perhaps in the next wave of ThunderCats Minimates we can get a Hachiman? The set will arrive in October or you can preorder them here.
DJANGO UNCHAINED CANCELLED BY ENTERBAY
Friend to AICN Toys John Romer recently wrote in asking if Enterbay had cancelled their 1/6 scaled Django Unchained figures. Frankly, I had just assumed with the much ballyhooed NECA cancellation, the Enterbay line had no shot in hell of going into production. It now definitely appears to be the case. Mr. Romer beat us to the punch of contacting the company about the toys and got this response:
Dear customer,Django will be not releasing because Weinstein has decided to cancel the project. Same reason with NECA. We are waiting for the official letter from Weinstein before we could make official announcement.Thank you for your continuous support.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We can't end this week's column on such a down note! To properly send you into the weekend, here's a video of a 1/6 scale Indiana Jones kicking Darth Vader's ass from the always amazing and talented Patrick Boivin.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 148 total posts 116 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 450 total posts 110 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 190 total posts 42 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 110 total posts 34 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 46 total posts 25 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 37 total posts 24 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 23 total posts 23 posts