Jake Gyllenhaal Set To Star In NIGHTCRAWLER (Not That One)!
Although I'd happily see a standalone NIGHTCRAWLER movie, especially if it was based on the limited series they did for his character back in the 1980s, which was really weird and pretty cool, this is not that. Variety is reporting that Jake Gyllenhaal will co-star with Rene Russo in NIGHTCRAWLER, Dan Gilroy's directorial debut (he co-wrote THE BOURNE LEGACY with his brother Tony Gilroy).
NIGHTCRAWLER is about a young journalist who begins to work the night shift crime beat. For some reason this gives off a TAXI DRIVER kind of vibe, which certainly can't hurt. Gyllenhaal is also producing the film along with Tony Gilroy and Jennifer Fox. Gyllenhaal's next couple of movies seem to delve into darker material, and this fits right in with those.
Although... if Alan Cumming didn't wish to return to the role of Nightcrawler, Gyllenhaal wouldn't be a bad choice. Just saying.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 272 total posts 16 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 147 total posts 11 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 137 total posts 11 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 57 total posts 11 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 157 total posts 10 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 37 total posts 9 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 295 total posts 6 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 100 total posts 5 posts
- A New Trailer For DOCTOR WHO: 'The Time of the Doctor' Is Eerie and 'Splody!! -- 27 total posts 3 posts