Scarlett Johansson to kick ass for Luc Besson in LUCY!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Scarlett Johansson is a smart cookie. She campaigned for the relatively small role of Black Widow in Iron Man 2, going so far as to dye her hair red in early meetings with Favreau and that instinct is paying off big time now. Not only has she become a key fixture in the Marvel Film Universe, but she's proven that she can handle the action stuff.
THR's Heat Vision Blog is reporting that Ms. Johansson will be starring in the titular role in Luc Besson's upcoming action chick flick LUCY.
One, it's awesome that Besson is returning to this kind of film (he did make La Femme Nikita, remember) and two, he's got a hell of a leading lady. Johansson's in prime right now, really finding her voice as an A-list star and her footing as a cinematic heroine.
The film would be about a drug mule whose body accidentally absorbs the drug, making her essentially Neo. She can retain knowledge immediately, doesn't feel pain and also obtains telekinetic abilities. So, Neo plus Geena Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight equals Lucy.
With Besson directing, I have high, high, high hopes for this one. Thoughts?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts