Hugo Weaving Goes Back Downunder For THE MULE!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Who doesn't love Hugo Weaving? Pinko Commie evil sumbitches, that's who! Now it seems the man is returning to his roots with THE MULE, an Aussie true-crime drama about a drug mule who is captured by the police.
Per Deadline, Weaving will be the lead in this film written by SAW's Leigh Whannel and Angus Sampson.
There's a noticeable lack of Blue Tongue Films people involved, which I thought was mandatory when making an Aussie crime drama these days, but I'm sure Whannell and Co will be just fine. I'm a big fan of Australian genre going back to the Razorback and Brian Trenchard-Smith days, so while this (probably) doesn't have a huge pig in it or (most likely) no Nicole Kidman in a BMX heist scenario I'm sure it'll be suitably crazy.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 591 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 23 total posts 18 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 40 total posts 13 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 58 total posts 13 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 55 total posts 12 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 45 total posts 10 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 10 total posts 6 posts
- Rinko Kikuchi looks for the buried loot from FARGO in KUMIKO, THE TREASURE HUNTER (based on a true story)! -- 19 total posts 6 posts
- Our first clip from the VERONICA MARS movie! Plus, a release date!! -- 28 total posts 4 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 278 total posts 3 posts