Hugo Weaving Goes Back Downunder For THE MULE!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Who doesn't love Hugo Weaving? Pinko Commie evil sumbitches, that's who! Now it seems the man is returning to his roots with THE MULE, an Aussie true-crime drama about a drug mule who is captured by the police.
Per Deadline, Weaving will be the lead in this film written by SAW's Leigh Whannel and Angus Sampson.
There's a noticeable lack of Blue Tongue Films people involved, which I thought was mandatory when making an Aussie crime drama these days, but I'm sure Whannell and Co will be just fine. I'm a big fan of Australian genre going back to the Razorback and Brian Trenchard-Smith days, so while this (probably) doesn't have a huge pig in it or (most likely) no Nicole Kidman in a BMX heist scenario I'm sure it'll be suitably crazy.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 241 total posts 241 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 284 total posts 204 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 184 total posts 184 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 141 total posts 141 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 678 total posts 121 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 159 total posts 88 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 143 total posts 69 posts