Hugo Weaving Goes Back Downunder For THE MULE!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Who doesn't love Hugo Weaving? Pinko Commie evil sumbitches, that's who! Now it seems the man is returning to his roots with THE MULE, an Aussie true-crime drama about a drug mule who is captured by the police.
Per Deadline, Weaving will be the lead in this film written by SAW's Leigh Whannel and Angus Sampson.
There's a noticeable lack of Blue Tongue Films people involved, which I thought was mandatory when making an Aussie crime drama these days, but I'm sure Whannell and Co will be just fine. I'm a big fan of Australian genre going back to the Razorback and Brian Trenchard-Smith days, so while this (probably) doesn't have a huge pig in it or (most likely) no Nicole Kidman in a BMX heist scenario I'm sure it'll be suitably crazy.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 209 total posts 68 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 377 total posts 50 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 96 total posts 47 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 140 total posts 32 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 188 total posts 30 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 45 total posts 27 posts
- Meet The GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Disney Infinity Style!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts