NBC Orders Contestants Into Glass Cage Of Emotion For 12-Day 24/7 Reality Competition MILLION SECOND QUIZ!!
It sounds like “Big Brother” crossed with “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.”
A huge transparent hourglass in the heart of Manhattan will house contestants 24 hours a day, seven days a week as they compete in live trivia contests that could win them up to $10 million.
Viewers can watch online and during primetime NBC broadcasts, and even compete themselves. Some will even be flown to New York to compete on the primetime broadcasts and potentially win a place in the hourglass.
I see nothing in the press release regarding when the show will air or how many hours of primetime it will suck up:
NBC ORDERS GROUNDBREAKING 24/7 LIVE COMPETITION ‘THE MILLION SECOND QUIZ’
Episodes Set to Air in Primetime This Fall as Contestants Nationwide Engage in Thrilling Mental Endurance Test for Huge Cash Prizes
12-Day Competition to Be Shown on NBCUniversal’s Digital Platforms
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — April 24, 2013 — NBC has ordered “The Million Second Quiz,” a state-of-the-art, electrifying new live competition where contestants test the limits of their knowledge, endurance and will to win as they battle each other in intense bouts of trivia for twelve consecutive days and nights.
The competition, where time equals money, will air in primetime, live from a gigantic hourglass shaped structure in the heart of Manhattan. This hourglass will also serve as the living quarters of the reigning champions – the four players who have remained in the game the longest. They will have the opportunity to play along with the game for up to two weeks as other contestants attempt to unseat them during the primetime show.
The show will be the first fully convergent television experience, where viewers will be able to play along at home in real time and sync to the live primetime broadcast.
“The Million Second Quiz” continues 24 hours a day. Contestants from all across America will be able to engage in the game with an unprecedented level of interactivity and win the chance to appear on the show in primetime.
The NBC affiliates will have the opportunity to interact live throughout the day and during the primetime show to be part of the action and showcase local contestants from their area.
The primetime show will feature nail-biting game play and a David vs. Goliath challenge to one of the reigning champions.
When the million seconds draw to a close, the champions will battle it out and the ultimate winner could claim an unprecedented cash prize of up to $10 million.
The announcement was made by Paul Telegdy, President of Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment.
“'The Million Second Quiz' is a genre-redefining spectacle." said Telegdy. “It is a game, a social experiment, and a live interactive event all wrapped into a uniquely sticky entertainment experience. What is exceptional about 'The Million Second Quiz' is that it embraces technology’s ability to allow everyone in America to actively participate and compete in a way that has never been done.”
The Blu-ray second season of “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” $114.99 in September and $73.90 last week, has fallen (this week only) to its lowest price ever: $52.49!! (60% Off!!) Cheaper Than Used!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 146 total posts 32 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 187 total posts 32 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 92 total posts 14 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 209 total posts 12 posts
2012-2014 -- 36 total posts 6 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 108 total posts 6 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 222 total posts 5 posts
- Jeff Bridges’ Long Delayed SEVENTH SON Gets A Trailer, A Poster, And February!! -- 80 total posts 3 posts
- Simon Pegg's gonna set you on fire in this poster for KILL ME THREE TIMES! -- 17 total posts 3 posts