NBC Orders Contestants Into Glass Cage Of Emotion For 12-Day 24/7 Reality Competition MILLION SECOND QUIZ!!
It sounds like “Big Brother” crossed with “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.”
A huge transparent hourglass in the heart of Manhattan will house contestants 24 hours a day, seven days a week as they compete in live trivia contests that could win them up to $10 million.
Viewers can watch online and during primetime NBC broadcasts, and even compete themselves. Some will even be flown to New York to compete on the primetime broadcasts and potentially win a place in the hourglass.
I see nothing in the press release regarding when the show will air or how many hours of primetime it will suck up:
NBC ORDERS GROUNDBREAKING 24/7 LIVE COMPETITION ‘THE MILLION SECOND QUIZ’
Episodes Set to Air in Primetime This Fall as Contestants Nationwide Engage in Thrilling Mental Endurance Test for Huge Cash Prizes
12-Day Competition to Be Shown on NBCUniversal’s Digital Platforms
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — April 24, 2013 — NBC has ordered “The Million Second Quiz,” a state-of-the-art, electrifying new live competition where contestants test the limits of their knowledge, endurance and will to win as they battle each other in intense bouts of trivia for twelve consecutive days and nights.
The competition, where time equals money, will air in primetime, live from a gigantic hourglass shaped structure in the heart of Manhattan. This hourglass will also serve as the living quarters of the reigning champions – the four players who have remained in the game the longest. They will have the opportunity to play along with the game for up to two weeks as other contestants attempt to unseat them during the primetime show.
The show will be the first fully convergent television experience, where viewers will be able to play along at home in real time and sync to the live primetime broadcast.
“The Million Second Quiz” continues 24 hours a day. Contestants from all across America will be able to engage in the game with an unprecedented level of interactivity and win the chance to appear on the show in primetime.
The NBC affiliates will have the opportunity to interact live throughout the day and during the primetime show to be part of the action and showcase local contestants from their area.
The primetime show will feature nail-biting game play and a David vs. Goliath challenge to one of the reigning champions.
When the million seconds draw to a close, the champions will battle it out and the ultimate winner could claim an unprecedented cash prize of up to $10 million.
The announcement was made by Paul Telegdy, President of Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment.
“'The Million Second Quiz' is a genre-redefining spectacle." said Telegdy. “It is a game, a social experiment, and a live interactive event all wrapped into a uniquely sticky entertainment experience. What is exceptional about 'The Million Second Quiz' is that it embraces technology’s ability to allow everyone in America to actively participate and compete in a way that has never been done.”
The Blu-ray second season of “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” $114.99 in September and $73.90 last week, has fallen (this week only) to its lowest price ever: $52.49!! (60% Off!!) Cheaper Than Used!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 105 total posts 73 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 404 total posts 64 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 177 total posts 29 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 33 total posts 20 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 39 total posts 18 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 92 total posts 16 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 21 total posts 15 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 102 total posts 9 posts