NBC Orders Contestants Into Glass Cage Of Emotion For 12-Day 24/7 Reality Competition MILLION SECOND QUIZ!!
It sounds like “Big Brother” crossed with “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.”
A huge transparent hourglass in the heart of Manhattan will house contestants 24 hours a day, seven days a week as they compete in live trivia contests that could win them up to $10 million.
Viewers can watch online and during primetime NBC broadcasts, and even compete themselves. Some will even be flown to New York to compete on the primetime broadcasts and potentially win a place in the hourglass.
I see nothing in the press release regarding when the show will air or how many hours of primetime it will suck up:
NBC ORDERS GROUNDBREAKING 24/7 LIVE COMPETITION ‘THE MILLION SECOND QUIZ’
Episodes Set to Air in Primetime This Fall as Contestants Nationwide Engage in Thrilling Mental Endurance Test for Huge Cash Prizes
12-Day Competition to Be Shown on NBCUniversal’s Digital Platforms
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — April 24, 2013 — NBC has ordered “The Million Second Quiz,” a state-of-the-art, electrifying new live competition where contestants test the limits of their knowledge, endurance and will to win as they battle each other in intense bouts of trivia for twelve consecutive days and nights.
The competition, where time equals money, will air in primetime, live from a gigantic hourglass shaped structure in the heart of Manhattan. This hourglass will also serve as the living quarters of the reigning champions – the four players who have remained in the game the longest. They will have the opportunity to play along with the game for up to two weeks as other contestants attempt to unseat them during the primetime show.
The show will be the first fully convergent television experience, where viewers will be able to play along at home in real time and sync to the live primetime broadcast.
“The Million Second Quiz” continues 24 hours a day. Contestants from all across America will be able to engage in the game with an unprecedented level of interactivity and win the chance to appear on the show in primetime.
The NBC affiliates will have the opportunity to interact live throughout the day and during the primetime show to be part of the action and showcase local contestants from their area.
The primetime show will feature nail-biting game play and a David vs. Goliath challenge to one of the reigning champions.
When the million seconds draw to a close, the champions will battle it out and the ultimate winner could claim an unprecedented cash prize of up to $10 million.
The announcement was made by Paul Telegdy, President of Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment.
“'The Million Second Quiz' is a genre-redefining spectacle." said Telegdy. “It is a game, a social experiment, and a live interactive event all wrapped into a uniquely sticky entertainment experience. What is exceptional about 'The Million Second Quiz' is that it embraces technology’s ability to allow everyone in America to actively participate and compete in a way that has never been done.”
The Blu-ray second season of “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” $114.99 in September and $73.90 last week, has fallen (this week only) to its lowest price ever: $52.49!! (60% Off!!) Cheaper Than Used!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 232 total posts 232 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 355 total posts 128 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 115 total posts 115 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 284 total posts 100 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 116 total posts 63 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 29 total posts 29 posts