Armie Hammer Cries U.N.C.L.E. For Tom Cruise And Guy Ritchie!
THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. is really, really happening at Warner Bros. Tom Cruise is starring as Napoleon Solo (the role originated by Robert Motherfucking Vaughan in the '60s spy series), Guy Ritchie is directing, and it looks like they just found their Illya Kuryakin/David McCallum in that sidekick to the A-list stars, Armie Hammer!
While the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE franchise would appear to be in fine shape at Paramount, Tom Cruise is tireless. If he can get another franchise up and running (to keep him busy when the other franchise is in the scripting phase), he'll do it. And I'm guessing JACK REACHER's inability to clear $100 million at the domestic box office means that series is down on the killing floor. Too bad. Cruise was all wrong as Reacher, but it was a good movie.
THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. still has a screenplay by Scott Z. Burns, who was onboard for the unmade Steven Soderbergh/George Clooney version. I was interested in that take. Cruise, Hammer and Richie? I'll see it, but I feel like I've already seen it.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 467 total posts 7 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 83 total posts 7 posts
- ‘Here, Baby Baby!!’ WALKING DEAD Walking Schmed!! Syfy Releases Promo For Z NATION!! -- 18 total posts 1 post
- Capone has details on and the full line-up for a new Chicago-area horror film festival presented by Mr. Bruce Campbell!!! -- 22 total posts 1 post
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 299 total posts 1 post