Joel Silver is producing a film called HOME INVASION. I wonder what it's about...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Used to be naming your movie after a genre was a purely comedic move (a la Scary Movie), but Joel Silver wants to make a serious home invasion flick called Home Invasion. Per Deadline, Silver is teaming up with international seller Nicolas Chartier's Voltage Pictures to produce the tiny-budgeted thriller which involves a cat and mouse game between a family and some scary intruders.
I dig that Silver is supporting two new filmmakers in doing this project (writer Joseph Dembner and director Sean Carter). Silver and Chartier are both very smart and shrewd producers. I bet we'll get some good cast attached to this one.
YOU'RE NEXT seems to have re-ignited the home invasion genre. We have both that film finally coming out with a ton of support from Lionsgate as well as the Ethan Hawke flick THE PURGE this year. So, if you're afraid of masked people breaking into your house this might not be the year for you to go to the movies...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 52 total posts 20 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 351 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 154 total posts 6 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 81 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 518 total posts 3 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 215 total posts 3 posts
THE LATE SHOW WITH
1993-2015 -- 424 total posts 2 posts