Joel Silver is producing a film called HOME INVASION. I wonder what it's about...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Used to be naming your movie after a genre was a purely comedic move (a la Scary Movie), but Joel Silver wants to make a serious home invasion flick called Home Invasion. Per Deadline, Silver is teaming up with international seller Nicolas Chartier's Voltage Pictures to produce the tiny-budgeted thriller which involves a cat and mouse game between a family and some scary intruders.
I dig that Silver is supporting two new filmmakers in doing this project (writer Joseph Dembner and director Sean Carter). Silver and Chartier are both very smart and shrewd producers. I bet we'll get some good cast attached to this one.
YOU'RE NEXT seems to have re-ignited the home invasion genre. We have both that film finally coming out with a ton of support from Lionsgate as well as the Ethan Hawke flick THE PURGE this year. So, if you're afraid of masked people breaking into your house this might not be the year for you to go to the movies...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 280 total posts 84 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 126 total posts 31 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 92 total posts 15 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 626 total posts 14 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 70 total posts 11 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 81 total posts 6 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Hercules Says The Big Mystery Is How Anybody At NBC Thought It Was A Good Idea To Greenlight THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA!! -- 18 total posts 3 posts
- Hercules Says The Prognosis For Fox’s New GLEE-ish Hospital Hourlong RED BAND SOCIETY Is Not Very Good At All!! -- 8 total posts 2 posts