UPDATED!!! Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of IRON MAN 3. Oh yeah!!!
UPDATE: The contest for the Chicago screening of IRON MAN 3 is offically closed, and the winners have been emailed the details of the event. I think it's better and safer that I don't publish the names of the folks that won this contest. After reading more than 100 entries, I know that some of you are true fans of these Marvel Universe films, and I don't want you seeking out these lucky few and swiping their golden tickets.
Just a reminder: Although this is NOT an exclusive AICN event, our winners' seats will be held until 30 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:30 pm), at which point any unclaimed seats will be given away. Also, please be aware that this screening is deliberately overbooked to make sure we have a full house for our guest. So, please arrive no later than 6:30 pm to make sure you get in and get a good seat.
And because we've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the Black List will become your new best friend. You also must arrive with the guest whose name you gave me in your entry.
And yes, this screening will be in 3-D.
See you there!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'm going to make this short and sweet, Chicago-area fans of the IRON MAN franchise specifically and the Marvel film universe in general. Phase 2 of Marvel's grand cinematic plan begins next week with the release of IRON MAN 3, starring the likes of Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Gwyneth Paltrow, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, and the mighty Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin. The film is directed and co-written by the great Shane Black. But you knew that already, because many of your are super fans of the Phase 1 films that concluded last year with THE AVENGERS.
So here's what I've got. I have a limited number of seats for Chicago-area Ain't it Cool News readers for a screening of IRON MAN 3 taking place Tuesday, April 30 at 7pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will not only be given to winners). Please pay very close attention to the following paragraph. I need a little some more from you than I usually ask for. I want you to convince me that you deserve to go to this advance screening.
Send me an email at IronMan3Chicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "You'll never see me coming!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, Your Guest's Name (winners can bring one CONFIRMED guest; if you don't include your guest's name, you entry will get trashed), and the answer to the following question: "What makes you the ultimate fan of the Marvel cinematic universe?" (In other words, why do you deserve to get into this IRON MAN 3 screening?) The word limit on this answer is 100 words (anything over that goes in the trash). The most interesting, specific answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:30pm (again, pay attention to this time), at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Not showing up because the weather is bad is not an excuse; you live in Chicago, you know the odds of the weather being shitty are elevated.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Disney Motion Pictures for giving us this awesome screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 222 total posts 142 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 130 total posts 59 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 612 total posts 55 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 123 total posts 49 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘That Seat Is Taken!!’ The Return Of AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ANARCHY, MOONSHINERS & INCOME Finales!! Galactic Pioneers On FUTURESCAPE!! New TROPHY, AWKWARD, STORAGE, NCIS, LOSER, VOICE, FIRE, TOSH!! Tom Hanks On KIMMEL!! Michelle Dockery On FALLON!! Lizzy Caplan On CHELSEA!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 60 total posts 19 posts
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 553 total posts 19 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 205 total posts 16 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 325 total posts 15 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts