UPDATED!!! Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of IRON MAN 3. Oh yeah!!!
UPDATE: The contest for the Chicago screening of IRON MAN 3 is offically closed, and the winners have been emailed the details of the event. I think it's better and safer that I don't publish the names of the folks that won this contest. After reading more than 100 entries, I know that some of you are true fans of these Marvel Universe films, and I don't want you seeking out these lucky few and swiping their golden tickets.
Just a reminder: Although this is NOT an exclusive AICN event, our winners' seats will be held until 30 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:30 pm), at which point any unclaimed seats will be given away. Also, please be aware that this screening is deliberately overbooked to make sure we have a full house for our guest. So, please arrive no later than 6:30 pm to make sure you get in and get a good seat.
And because we've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the Black List will become your new best friend. You also must arrive with the guest whose name you gave me in your entry.
And yes, this screening will be in 3-D.
See you there!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'm going to make this short and sweet, Chicago-area fans of the IRON MAN franchise specifically and the Marvel film universe in general. Phase 2 of Marvel's grand cinematic plan begins next week with the release of IRON MAN 3, starring the likes of Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Gwyneth Paltrow, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, and the mighty Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin. The film is directed and co-written by the great Shane Black. But you knew that already, because many of your are super fans of the Phase 1 films that concluded last year with THE AVENGERS.
So here's what I've got. I have a limited number of seats for Chicago-area Ain't it Cool News readers for a screening of IRON MAN 3 taking place Tuesday, April 30 at 7pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will not only be given to winners). Please pay very close attention to the following paragraph. I need a little some more from you than I usually ask for. I want you to convince me that you deserve to go to this advance screening.
Send me an email at IronMan3Chicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "You'll never see me coming!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, Your Guest's Name (winners can bring one CONFIRMED guest; if you don't include your guest's name, you entry will get trashed), and the answer to the following question: "What makes you the ultimate fan of the Marvel cinematic universe?" (In other words, why do you deserve to get into this IRON MAN 3 screening?) The word limit on this answer is 100 words (anything over that goes in the trash). The most interesting, specific answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:30pm (again, pay attention to this time), at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Not showing up because the weather is bad is not an excuse; you live in Chicago, you know the odds of the weather being shitty are elevated.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Disney Motion Pictures for giving us this awesome screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 231 total posts 231 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 267 total posts 134 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 130 total posts 123 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 316 total posts 78 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 419 total posts 68 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- The Actor Who Played YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES To Play And Not Play Sherlock Holmes In A Movie About Old Sherlock Holmes!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts