Anna Kendrick And Gemma Arterton Lend Their VOICES To Same Flick!!
The Kidd here...
I'll give anything with Anna Kendrick in it a look... After all, there were plenty of people who wrote off PITCH PERFECT for its subject matter, and look how stupid they all looked once they gave it its day in viewing court (myself included). Hearing that she, along with Gemma Arterton (who deserves a lot better than HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS), are joining the cast of Marjane Satrapi's VOICES, according to Deadline, has me quite interested in seeing what sounds like a rather bizarre premise.
Ryan Reynolds frontlines the film as a bathtub factory worker who has a thing for the woman in accounting. But bad things happen when they get together, and it's the guy's evil talking cat and kind talking dog that lead him down some strange road to salvation. I'm not expecting some sort of DR DOOLITTLE talking animals set-up... but having his pets serve almost as the angel and devil on his shoulders is a very strange yet intriguing approach to take here. No word yet on whether Arterton or Kendrick will be playing the love interest, but I'm almost hoping that they both take up space as the dog and cat. It doesn't matter to me which is which, as I think both of them would be able to pull off either side of the equation rather well, and having both animals with female voices, particularly the evil one, adds another element to VOICES that really makes this different film one to keep an eye on.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts