A Pair Of Empire Magazine Covers Have Superman And Zod Walking Towards Their MAN OF STEEL Showdown!!
The Kidd here...
Being on vacation all last week (Disney World - always a good time), I didn't have a chance to weigh in on this new look at MAN OF STEEL that Warner Bros. laid on us with an extended trailer. But wow... that is some exciting stuff sitting on the horizon for us in June. And it's not just the visuals, which were never a question with Zack Snyder at the helm... it's the hope, the optimism sich a glimpse inspires that we're on course to potentially see something very special with Superman's return to the big screen this summer. I remember seeing the early materials for Bryan Singer's SUPERMAN RETURNS, and, while it was easy to be positive simply because it was a Superman movie after so long, I don't ever remember feeling like this heading into the film. In light of the events in Boston last week, this take on Superman with MAN OF STEEL seems to grab at that deep belief that there is good within all of us just waiting to get out at a time when it's needed the most (Nordling touched upon some of these ideas in his latest column).
So excuse me for a bit of giddiness this morning, just seeing a pair of Empire Magazine covers featuring Henry Cavill and also Michael Shannon as Zod. Warner Bros. has sufficiently done their job in piquing not only my curiosity but my enthusiasm to the point that I am ready to consume every little bit of MAN OF STEEL they are ready to put out there. Cavill looks absolutely ready to take ownership of this iconic role, and as for Shannon... look, the guy does phenomenal work every time you put him in a project, and, while I didn't have reservations about him, but small concerns about how you have someone else step into a role so clearly defined by Terrence Stamp back in SUPERMAN II, I want to see his version now more than ever.
June seems way too far away... I want to believe a man can fly again right now. Until then, I guess these covers will have to help one more day pass by until that can happen.
MAN OF STEEL lands on June 14... as if I really needed to remind you.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts