A Pair Of Empire Magazine Covers Have Superman And Zod Walking Towards Their MAN OF STEEL Showdown!!
The Kidd here...
Being on vacation all last week (Disney World - always a good time), I didn't have a chance to weigh in on this new look at MAN OF STEEL that Warner Bros. laid on us with an extended trailer. But wow... that is some exciting stuff sitting on the horizon for us in June. And it's not just the visuals, which were never a question with Zack Snyder at the helm... it's the hope, the optimism sich a glimpse inspires that we're on course to potentially see something very special with Superman's return to the big screen this summer. I remember seeing the early materials for Bryan Singer's SUPERMAN RETURNS, and, while it was easy to be positive simply because it was a Superman movie after so long, I don't ever remember feeling like this heading into the film. In light of the events in Boston last week, this take on Superman with MAN OF STEEL seems to grab at that deep belief that there is good within all of us just waiting to get out at a time when it's needed the most (Nordling touched upon some of these ideas in his latest column).
So excuse me for a bit of giddiness this morning, just seeing a pair of Empire Magazine covers featuring Henry Cavill and also Michael Shannon as Zod. Warner Bros. has sufficiently done their job in piquing not only my curiosity but my enthusiasm to the point that I am ready to consume every little bit of MAN OF STEEL they are ready to put out there. Cavill looks absolutely ready to take ownership of this iconic role, and as for Shannon... look, the guy does phenomenal work every time you put him in a project, and, while I didn't have reservations about him, but small concerns about how you have someone else step into a role so clearly defined by Terrence Stamp back in SUPERMAN II, I want to see his version now more than ever.
June seems way too far away... I want to believe a man can fly again right now. Until then, I guess these covers will have to help one more day pass by until that can happen.
MAN OF STEEL lands on June 14... as if I really needed to remind you.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 391 total posts 381 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 180 total posts 74 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 273 total posts 51 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 92 total posts 40 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 92 total posts 33 posts